Purchased roaming now been 3 days but now been 3 days in US

15 REPLIES 15

Byte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wasted 3 hrs & no help 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

The announcement is correct it just seems that the decommissioning has its own schedule so the announcement covers the soonest it could happen whereas reality is completely different. I would imagine their own customers have been slow upgrading their devices and at&t may have slowed down their schedule to further accommodate their customers current needs.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Byte wrote:

It's only showing on my purchase history but does not show on my addons 

@Byte  - it won't be listed under your Overview under My Data & Addons section.

Roaming addons (that last only 10 days once you successfully add them to your account) are found under Plan Details, here:  Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage

do you see them listed in this area?

Byte

It's only showing on my purchase history but does not show on my addons 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Byte 

Login to your account and see if the US roaming add-on is showing in your account to be sure.

As noted by @hTideGnow, it is a 2 step purchase process.

Byte

I tried both t mobile too. Nothing works 

Hi @Byte try to reboot it once and check rhr network again.  AT&T and TMobile should be everywhere.   Or I suggest you to go to one if their stores (ATT/TMobile) and see if they can at least locate the neteork

@darlicious 

Thanks, good to know. The announcement is incorrect then…there was an announcement that 3G was discontinued on February 28/22 on AT&T.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Byte 

So you have successfully purchased the US Roaming add on but you cannot manually select the network? Or is it only giving you at&t as an option? It could be that you are in an area not serviced by T-Mobile so at&t is your only choice?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Members have reported that at&t voice services on the 3G network are still working in most areas. Users should continue to use the autoconnect setting for networks so that their services will work on the 4G LTE network except when needing to make or recieve voice calls that will automatically switch to the 3G network.

Byte

I did all of the above. Also went to network on phone to see if it can find t mobile manually. None 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Byte 

Try going to the cellular network and select T-mobile on 3G.

AT&T have removed 3G frequency so it will not operate on this carrier.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Byte 

You added the funds to your account but did you go back and actually select, confirm and submit your purchase of the add on? Log into your self serve account and check your available funds to see if the top up payment is sitting there....then go to the plan and add ons page and complete your purchase. Log out and reboot your phone. Ensure you have toggled roaming on. Then manually select either at&t or T-Mobile. You should now have your US Roaming add on working.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Byte meaning....you have had no services yet?!

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's network.

Adding addons - Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

Do you see the addon listed here in your Plan Details: Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage

If so you added it successfully.

If not listed, ensure you have the $s in your Available Funds and go back and addon.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Byte buying addon is 2 steps, Load fund and need to go back to buy.  Many just load fund and not aware need to go back and buy.  Can you check if you did buy?  If you just loaded fund and didn't buy, the money should be sitting at Available Fund in My Account 

Need Help? Let's chat.