cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming plans.

alostrosky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any possibilities of future roaming plans in more countries? I very much like the U.S. roaming plan.

Thx

11 REPLIES 11

alostrosky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pre downloading the Google Maps is a good idea. I find for my Uber Account its nice to keep my own phone number, tricky but I have changed my phone number in my Uber Account when using different Sim cards. Thx for the replies.

Thanks for the produce lesson, @darlicious.

🍎 + 🍌 = 🍑

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Left out because that would be comparing Washington apples with Florida oranges. Bananas are just bananas.

You miss, or left out, the word, “calling” @darlicious ?

thanks for the feedback!  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@alostrosky 

Public Mobile is a budget carrier. It's unlikely to be able to negotiate a roaming partner deal with other nation's providers that would be priced affordably since demand for roaming for destinations other than the US is not enough to justify the expense especially since most countries can offer a Sim and plan for much cheaper than what we pay here in Canada.

@HALIMACS 

Why would US Roaming texting be "much to be desired" when compared to data which is "okay"? They use the exact same network.....T-Mobile's 4G LTE network that covers 62% nationwide. 6% less than AT&T and 8% less than Verizon.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alostrosky   we are all just customers here and we honestly do not know PM's plan.

But I would guess "Unlikely"

PM is a Tier 3 provider.  In terms of Roaming, it is better than Lucky Mobile , which provide NO roaming to any countries at all, but worse than Chatr, which has roaming pretty much everywhere

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@alostrosky 

Indeed the data component of the US add-ons are 'okay', but there is much to be desired with the calling and texting coverage. (edited for clarity)

There is Wi-Fi in virtually every major populated area. If traveling in these areas, your devices ability to use RCS services like iMessage or Chat and the use of VoIP services such as TextNow or Whatsapp are fantastic and free!

If you are needing data to rely on maps, download offline Google maps of the areas you will be traveling and you will have free navigation as well.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@alostrosky  It’s unlikely , but I think your always better to get local SIM card for  any trip abroad 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@alostrosky 

Hard to say. Some carrier has Roaming down in Mexico.

Is this was you were thinking?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@alostrosky wrote:

Any possibilities of future roaming plans in more countries? I very much like the U.S. roaming plan.

Thx

Probably no. Public Mobile is a budget carrier.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @alostrosky 

for now only for U.S. roaming plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.