cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming options

jtm02
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'll be travelling to the US (New York) for a few days, and am looking to see what my best options for roaming are. 

I've been using Roam Mobility for a while now, but I'll be going out from the major cities, where there is not a very good T-Mobile signal. Would my best option to use PM's roaming, even though I will only need it for a few days, instead of over a week?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PureOnslaught wrote:

i'm coming up to my 10th day, i will need it for another 2-3 days....

do i have to wait until my 10th day is over, or can i just purchase another 10 day roaming package?

will it stack on top of my original 10 days or does it overlap?

@PureOnslaught you unfortunately cannot stack the US Roaming add-ons.  You can either wait for them to expire and then purchase new ones, or you can ask the moderators to assist you.  To do that, first make a one-time payment (top-up) for the amount of the add-on(s) you want to re-purchase, and then send the moderator team a private message, asking them to remove your existing US Roaming Add-ons and purchase the new one(s) for you (be specific what you need purchased).

For contacting them, you will need to click here@ to send a private message to the @CS_Agent for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PureOnslaught

sorry to hijack this thread but i had a question as well in regards to US Roaming

i'm coming up to my 10th day, i will need it for another 2-3 days....

do i have to wait until my 10th day is over, or can i just purchase another 10 day roaming package?

will it stack on top of my original 10 days or does it overlap?

thanks

el56

The nice thing about the PM approach is you get to buy as much as you need.

Data alone? fine, in 200MB, 500MB or 1GB increnments
Phone/SMS alone? Sure, $8 for 10 days

And combo packages exist

The only downside is paying for 10 days if you only need a few days of roaming. Roam Mobility is $5 per day for unlimited calling + 1GB. After about three days the PM plans are generally better unless you truly burn through a GB of data per day. The other advantage of using PM is that you keep your main phone number and don't have to swap SIM cards (unless you have a dual-SIM phone).

el56

The nice thing about the PM approach is you get to buy as much as you need.

Data alone? fine, in 200MB, 500MB or 1GB increnments
Phone/SMS alone? Sure, $8 for 10 days

And combo packages exist

The only downside is paying for 10 days if you only need a few days of roaming. Roam Mobility is $5 per day for unlimited calling + 1GB. After about three days the PM plans are generally better unless you truly burn through a GB of data per day. The other advantage of using PM is that you keep your main phone number and don't have to swap SIM cards (unless you have a dual-SIM phone).

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @jtm02,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll be glad to answer your question about our Roaming coverage!

I'd suggest you to visit our site (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage), scroll down to the 'Our Plans' menu then click on 'Coverage Maps'. With this option, you will see by the map in what US area you will be able to connect to the network. Please note that in US, we are using the network of our partner AT&T and T-Mobile as the part of the US Roaming service.

Cheers,

Abdoulaye

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If you only going for new days then roaming add-on are not bad at all. For anything over 10 days then local sim offer better deal.
Also when you purchase add-on wait till last second i would just transfer funds to pm account then when I hit airport then purchase add-on at that point. Since buying add-on its a 2 step process first you purchase add on and fund get transfer from cc to public mobile funds then you buy again same add-on from available funds. Best way add funds in advanced so there will be no issues. Also once you purchase if data doesn't work then try reboot your phone and also turn on your data roaming.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren

@jtm02 this nice thing about the PM offering is that it works on both T-Mobile (like Roam Mobility) but also AT&T.  So if you're not able to get coverage on T-Mo, chances are you will be able to get a decent AT&T signal, and vice versa.  Most phone connect and switch back and forth automatically if needed, but if you find yourself without signal you could turn off automatic network selection and manually try one or the other until you find one that works in your location at the time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

the addons take effect immideatly so activate them the day before /day of you leave.

ninizinzu

PM offers 10 days add on. I suggest you add that to your plan. PM has very good coverage in the USA. Eventhough you are there for only few days, you will have to pay the money for 10 day period. 

Need Help? Let's chat.