cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in the US

jeromegv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

there seems to be a problem with roaming to th USA on my account. 

my wife is also with public mobile and I loaded her account without any issue. It is working for her. 

yes, I loaded money in my account and then added the add on. Yes the add on shows up as being activated. 

i have a brand new iPhone. Roaming is activated. It doesn't work with either automated network selection or if I manually select T-Mobile or another network. 

tried to swap the SIM between my phone and her phone and the data started working on my phone so it is related to my account. Not the phone.

any tips?

13 REPLIES 13

@jeromegv wrote:

Yes, Data Roaming is on within my iPhone settings

As I mentioned in my initial message, I traded my SIM with the SIM  from my wife (who is also using Public Mobile, with US roaming) and it's working fine. So this isn't an issue with how my phone is configured. My account/SIM card is somehow not able to process the US data plan.

@jeromegv  You are correct it's definetely an account issue and not a phone issue. I'm suprised the @CS_Agent  did not try resetting your account.

jeromegv

Yes I contacted the mods, they asked me to enable data roaming, which is something I had tried already.

I'll ask for a refund, this is just not working.

jeromegv

Yes, Data Roaming is on within my iPhone settings

As I mentioned in my initial message, I traded my SIM with the SIM  from my wife (who is also using Public Mobile, with US roaming) and it's working fine. So this isn't an issue with how my phone is configured. My account/SIM card is somehow not able to process the US data plan.

Did you contact moderators already?

Take the screenshot if you already didn't

@jeromegv wrote:

Nope, I checked again and it says US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) with 0GB used so far

Tried to manually select T-Mobile or AT&T but nothing connects. 

Tried to reboot. Tried to reset network settings on the iPhone.

I never got a SMS from Public Mobile telling me I was now on my US roaming plan. 

@jeromegv @ Has anybody from the @Moderator_Team not responded to your ticket yet regarding this issue?

@jeromegvTo double check you have roaming on after your network reset?

Ensure that Roaming is enabled in your cell phone settings.

jeromegv

Nope, I checked again and it says US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) with 0GB used so far

Tried to manually select T-Mobile or AT&T but nothing connects. 

Tried to reboot. Tried to reset network settings on the iPhone.

I never got a SMS from Public Mobile telling me I was now on my US roaming plan. 

jeromegv

MrHelp

This is the exact problem I was having in my recent trip to the USA. May be you bought Canada add-on ( and not the US-roamind add on)? Check your transactions history. If it's listed as do_not_use_data then you are out of luck.

Otherwise try manually searching mobile networks, then select AT & T or T-Mobile.

Good luck

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jeromegv 

PMUSRNW.JPG

If you need to submit a ticket do the following:

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us link. To access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form then select the Click me! link.

Hope this helps.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Try contacting moderators too, maybe they could help

Check out FreedomPop, worth getting the sim card and opening an account while you are there if you will be coming back, they have two types of free plans.

Just be careful with overages

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jeromegv you could try the lost /stolen trick to reprovision your account! Log in and click on the lost/stolen button and then log out. Wait 10 minutes and then log in and click on found phone to reactivate account and then restart your phone. Your phone should be on AT&T or T-Mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.