cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing credit card

Kerri
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello. I'm assisting my aunt who is also a public Mobile customer to change her credit card on file. She logged into her self serve account, deleted her otdated card and is now trying to input her new number. What is the best way to accomplish this? does she register for autopay over again? when she tried this it rejected her card. thanks so much.

9 REPLIES 9

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there Kerri,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

Kerri

Hello, @geopublic, this worked although she couldn't manage the payment, she had to sign up again for auto pay since she had deleted her old card. Thanks so much.

@Kerri wrote:

Hello. she deleted the card information first, what does she do now?

If it still doesn't accept the new cc info, you'll have to send a message to moderators...Click this to message them.

Include your account number, phone number and PIN number if you have it.

It could take up to 48 hours for a response...usually much less...so please be patient.

Good luck.

@Kerri wrote:

@Kerri  Just login to her selfserve account. Click on Payments and Add-ons tab bottom left there is a link Manage my payment select and enter the new cc info. Some tips nos spaces for postal code and do not use unit number.

Turn autopay off. Enter new cc info exactly as shown on card ...no spaces in postal code. Enable autopay.

Kerri

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Kerri wrote:

Hello. I'm assisting my aunt who is also a public Mobile customer to change her credit card on file. She logged into her self serve account, deleted her otdated card and is now trying to input her new number. What is the best way to accomplish this? does she register for autopay over again? when she tried this it rejected her card. thanks so much.

After removing the card, add the new one.  Make sure it says autopay enabled because you can add a card but leave autopay off.

If card rejected, all you can reall do is check if name, card number, code, and address match.  Otherwise, you would need to use different card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kerri wrote:

Turn autopay off. Delete old cc info. Enter new cc info. Enable autopay. Let us know if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.