cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Victoria, BC

jcormie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public Mobile for just under a year. Today, for the first time, my phone says that I am roaming and won't allow me to make local phone calls. I do not have data roaming turned on and my carrier is set to Public Mobile. Does anyone have further suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

@jcormie1 wrote:

I have been with Public Mobile for just under a year. Today, for the first time, my phone says that I am roaming and won't allow me to make local phone calls. I do not have data roaming turned on and my carrier is set to Public Mobile. Does anyone have further suggestions?

This could be case of a an issue that showed up not long ago with customers hearing an error messagse when calling some phone numbers (but not all) saying that customer was roaming even though they weren't (and other services will simultaneously working).    For this type of issue, contact a customer support agent by making a ticket using the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@jcormie1 

that's a transient issue that occurs occasionally to me as well...nowhere near a US border. It generally clears itself shortly. On your phone, go to Settings > Network Selection...then select PM.

BTW; you can leave data roaming on if you like. In old days you got nasty huge unexpected overage bills. With PM, once you reach your data limit, it just stops working until next regular plan renews OR you buy a 30 day Data add-on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jcormie1 

You shouldn’t have any issues in Victoria.

Add 1 in front of the number you want to call.

jcormie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I've done this, but it still doesn't work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jcormie1 your phone was connected to the stronger US singal and hence thinking roaming

On your phone , change the network selection to Manual and the select Public Mobile from the list and it will solve the problem 

Need Help? Let's chat.