cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Austria

Beast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added 300 international minutes to my plan.

Arrived in Austria. Turned on roaming in my phone.

My network mode is set to GLOBAL.

I still don't have any data.

Does Public mobile international work in Europe?

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Beast 

Yes he most certainly is....I much prefer private messaging.  There's less hair pulling involved.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Beast

The chat bot is useless.

I'll try a ticket.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Beast 

Contact customer support and explain your honest mistake and ask them to remove the add on and credit your account. You can use the credit towards your next renewal. If you are still away at that time suspend your account via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 and your voicemail will stay active. When you return resume via lost/stolen and top up your account if needed to reactivate your plan.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Beast

I misunderstood the different between US Roaming and international minutes as its in the same section of the add-ons. Lesson learned.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Beast 

🎵Roam if you want to, Roam around the world 🎶 ... 

esjliv_0-1651545278223.png

just not with Public Mobile services where you are going - Safe Travels!

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile should change some labeling to avoid this kind of confusion. Like 'Canada to International' or something. On the other hand, I'm really surprised how many customers think this (or similar) add-ons would actually work when you are outside of Canada. Just look at the price and think if is realistic to have 300 min for $15 dollars only,  when roaming (or even those given as gift).. Generally, charge is like $2 per min, so 300 min would be $600.. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Beast   If you need data in Austria, buy prepaid sim from  A1, Magenta Telekom (T-Mobile) or  Drei .

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM does not work outside of this continent. Only US has 10 days add-ons to call FROM US.

What you bought is international minutes to call FROM Canada.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Beast   there is no roaming in Austria for PM.  PM only has roaming in USA

the long distance add-on you got is to CALL FROM CANADA to other countries 

In your case, you better off to get local data prepaid (very cheap in Europe) and use VoIP app like TextNow to call/text for free to Canada/US

Need Help? Let's chat.