Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming and payment

catacohen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm abroad in Europe and my phone is not working here. Two questions:

- Is there a way to activate roaming on my phone?

- Will my automatic payment be processed on time?

I'm away for about 1 month.

Thanks,

Catarina

7 REPLIES 7

catacohen

Great tips! I ended up buying a local sim card but had to buy a new phone as well as the portuguese sim card would not work on my canadian phone

catacohen

thank you for the tips. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @catacohen   

not sure if you care about saving the money.  Since you are in Europe for 1 month, you do not have service in Europe, you can let the service expired and not pay while you are away (disable Autopay).   Then when you come back, or you can do it a day or two before you come back while you are in Europe, login to My Account , make a manual payment to reactivate and enable Autopay again

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@catacohen wrote:

Hi,

- Is there a way to activate roaming on my phone? No not in Europe. You can buy a sim there to use and of course a different phone number. 

- Will my automatic payment be processed on time? Yes, if your auto pay is still in place and is set up with a valid payment type. 

Thanks,

Catarina

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay set up then your 30 renewal should work.

Better log in into your account and see if autopay worked. If your account gets suspended due to autopay failure (it could happen) you will still be OK if you manually pay and reactivate account before 90th day of suspension. After 90 days your account will be deleted, number lost.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@catacohen 

Unfortunately pm does not have roaming outside of the US. 

Since you have already left Canada you cannot use the call forwarding work around. Instead log into your account and suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle. This will prevent renewal so you are not paying for service you can't use. Pay and reactivate your pm plan before 90 days of unpaid service to avoid account cancellation.

Get a local sim card. When on wifi if possible download textnow. Choose a Canadian phone number. You can now call and text with your friends and family at home while on wifi or mobile data.

Call your phone number and when voicemail connects press "*" and enter your voicemail pin #. You can now access your voicemail services. Change your greeting and give your textnow phone #. Now your callers can reach you on your phone while in Europe. Your voicemail should work while suspended via lost/stolen.**

What country are you currently in? We can suggest the best sim card/service to get while you are on holiday. You can roam for free with most European sim cards and the plans are cheap with plenty of data.

**I will test and confirm for you later today and update this post.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@catacohen wrote:

Hi,

- Is there a way to activate roaming on my phone?

- Will my automatic payment be processed on time?

Thanks,

Catarina

Roaming only works in U.S. Roaming doesn't work in Europe.  Autopay will works as normal.

Need Help? Let's chat.