cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming add-on not showing in my account

CarolT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a roaming-add on yesterday Nov 19, 2022 "US Roam-Talk Txt 250 Data (10D)" and received a receipt for it but the purchase is not reflected in my account, ie it's not showing and the @$20 has not been deducted from my available funds. I had purchased this same bundle on Oct 29 and again on Nov 8 and it appeared immediately in my account under add-ons and seemed to work well. Could this have anything to do with the "400 minutes free holiday giveaway" that's showing under my add on usage? I don't want to be surprised with roaming charges when I get back to Canada, I tried calling *611 but could not connect, not sure what else to try? Help please...

CarolT

7 REPLIES 7

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is a re-purchase problem. Which exact add-ons did you buy on the 29th? Which on the 8th?

Only other roaming add-ons would interfere. Add-ons that only work in Canada would not interfere.

You're going to need support to straighten out what you have.

After that, be aware of the time of day that the purchase is made. If you wish to re-purchase the same one then these problems can arise.

The 400 minutes of the Holiday Giveaway you refer to are for use while you are in Canada to call some countries...not to be confused with you using it while in US.

You need the 10 Day US Roaming add-on for use while in USA. Unlimited calls to US and Canada for 10 days (240 hours).

All of PM plans are prepaid...you only get what you prepay for. There are no added roaming costs to be afraid of.

Hi @CarolT   are you in US now and try to use the service in US?  if you are, you need roaming

But if are trying to call a friend in US and you are in Canada now, it's Long distance addon that you need

CarolT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, new to this so please bear with me. When you say there will be no roaming charges is that because of the "free holiday giveaway"? And is that why when I thought I was paying for the bundle and did in fact receive a "receipt" for the purchase, it was not noted as a purchase in my account and the funds were not deducted? Also, I don't plan to use more than 400 minutes but if I do, won't there then be roaming charges?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CarolT , first things first, I suggest that you use incognito mode when viewing your self serve account to make sure that you are not viewing cached information.  If the add-on purchase did not complete and you have funds in the account instead, please proceed with making the purchase again and the funds in the account will be used for payment automatically.  As for roaming charges, that will never happen.  This service is prepaid, if you do not purchase in advance, you won't have use of the service.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CarolT 

maybe just cache problem

Just clear cache , close and relaunch browser

or simply use Private or Incognito browser mode and then re-login My Account to check

But you said your last purchase was Nov 8 ?  so , the roaming expire Nov 18 or 19?  usually for roaming renewal, you need to wait 24 hours before buying the same one again.  Maybe that is the problem

If you still not see the add-on there and unable to use it, open ticket with CSagent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

There will be no roaming charges when you get home or ever.

plan.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.