cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward dollars when I change my subscription

AlbertaRae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am attempting to change my subscription from 1GB/3G to 50GB/5G. When the site asks for payment, it asks for $34 but I have rewards, $3 for loyalty and $2 for autopay.  Also, it tells me it can't process my payment right now and to try again later.  I have tried several times.

7 REPLIES 7

@AlbertaRae wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I knew about the advantage of changing at renewal, but the offer on this plan expires before then.  If I say to do it at renewal, will I still benefit from the offer?
I understand the rewards situation now.  Thanks.
But no, I haven't changed my credit card info recently, and the card is in good standing and has a lot of room on it.

@AlbertaRae 

Still recommended to change at next renewal.  Even if the promo ends before the next renewal (ie. March 4 for the popular $34 plan) , your change will still be honored.  That also won't "mess up" your legacy reward timing.  

Maybe a payment glitch then for the credit card. Maybe keep an eye on your next payment date. 

AlbertaRae

Thanks for the info.  I knew about the advantage of changing at renewal, but the offer on this plan expires before then.  If I say to do it at renewal, will I still benefit from the offer?
I understand the rewards situation now.  Thanks.
But no, I haven't changed my credit card info recently, and the card is in good standing and has a lot of room on it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AlbertaRae 

You can also change your subscription at your next renewal payment date. (instead of immediate plan change) That is what we normally recommend since Public mobile does not refund or pro-rate plans when you switch plans or port out earlier.   

If you change plans immediately, you won't get your legacy rewards immediately.  It can take several days for that to process.  

As for your payment issue, did you change credit card information recently?  

AlbertaRae

That's not the issue.  My question is, will I be getting $5 in reward points credited to me.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When you do an immediate plan change you are required to pay the full plan price.  If you have any funds in your Available Funds those can be used first and the remaining will be charged to a credit card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

AlbertaRae

Yes, but I can only activate the change by paying the full $34.  Will they refund me?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @AlbertaRae it won't affect your rewards. You will stay on old system and earn the same 

Need Help? Let's chat.