cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer - Signed up with PM after receiving a promotional email

capt_solo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to tell you guys, I'm impressed with PM so far .. used to be with PM, my first experience was a little off due to a SIM card issue, but that's no PM's fault, and I remember the guys on the forum helped out a lot, thanks guys, you're all very helpful!

So I'm bacccckk! after receiving a promotional email asking me to come back, and get 10 bux off of any plan 25 bux or less .. 

I ordered the SIM, it arrived, I activated it .. ported my number online from freedom mobile (those bastards!) .. and so far everything has gone smoothly .. no hitches .. thank you PM, the prodigal son has returned!

I just want to know how the promotion works.. there was no promotion code, they just said I should use my email ID at which I received the promotion email, and the discount will be applied automatically .. 

Will I see the discount on my first bill ? is there anything else I need to do to effectuate the discount ? 

Thank you in advance!

22 REPLIES 22

@capt_solo 

Welcome back to public mobile. The moderators are fantastic about fixing our mistakes. Thank you for keeping us up to date on how your particular promotion works as it helps us advise others.

capt_solo

When I click on 'plan details' it fails to load the page, snapshot below, maybe some maintenance going on back end or it's still stabilizing ..

capt_solo_0-1592670980974.png

I'll try again later and confirm .. but spoke to the moderator as well ..I was told "The promo countdown will appear after the first part of the promotion is applied."  So I'll wait to see if it appears later ..

Thank you,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@capt_solo wrote:

Hi z10user4 .. 

Nope, I don't see any countdown .. where would I see that in my account ?

I assume by self serve, you mean logging into my PM account ?

Thank you,

Yes...self-serve. It sounds too goofy to say "your My Account".

If you click on Plan Details mid-left then it should show everything that you have. One of them is a promo area.

Like this (from darlicious)

capt_solo

Hi z10user4 .. 

Nope, I don't see any countdown .. where would I see that in my account ?

I assume by self serve, you mean logging into my PM account ?

Thank you,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. Nice to hear they made it good.

Do you see the promo countdown like 0/12 or something in your self-serve?

capt_solo

Ok guys, so I just want to update everyone here ...

I contacted the moderator team, as advised, and they were very helpful .. they patiently went through the process with me, and changed my account to my correct email ID ..

At this time, I just have to wait 30 days to see the credit for the first monthly payment, then it should apply automatically going forward from the next billing cycle, for the next 11 months ..

Thank you for all your help here, and guidance ..!  I'll keep you all updated on what happens after 30 days ..   for now, I should be good .. 

For anyone else who didn't mess up their email ID like I did, I'd just wait 30 days to see your credit, and going forward .. 

I'm going to accept this suggested solution to work with the moderators .. 

capt_solo

Thank you, I've deleted the emails mentioned and images containing the email address ...

@capt_solo wrote:

Thank you!  I'll do that, and keep everyone posted ..

@capt_solo   You should delete your email from your earlier post as this is a public forum, click on the 3 dots top right of your post and edit.  Good luck with your request to moderators and welcome back to PM. 😊

capt_solo

Thank you!  I'll do that, and keep everyone posted ..

@capt_solo wrote:

Hello Moderators, 

If you could please help rectify this situation, I'll be very grateful ..

Thank you,

You'll have to send the moderator group a private message by clicking the little 'envelope" icon in upper right side of the page to start the process. Or use this link...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck in your quest...keep up all posted on the outcome.

capt_solo

Hello Moderators, 

If you could please help rectify this situation, I'll be very grateful ..

Thank you,

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@capt_solo  To reach the moderators click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")

Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

If you are having problems using Simon contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope they can help out.

capt_solo

How right you are my friend, i truly made a big mistake .. all I can do now is throw myself at the moderators feet and plead for mercy and help ..     

Anonymous
Not applicable

@capt_solo 

Yup. About all you can do is hope for some nice goodwill from the moderators. Be nice 🙂

That's a potentially costly oversight on your part for a great offer.

capt_solo

Thank you all for replying ... much appreciated, but I think I screwed up when signing up .. I was supposed to use my old yahoo email where where I received the offer .. so they can trace where to apply the discount, but instinctively I used my new gmail account .. I even ended up creating my account login using my new gmail account, as I hardly use the yahoo one .. my mistake ..

Is there any way the emails can be changed, so the discount offer gets applied to my new gmail id  ?  I signed up for the 25 dollar plan ..

<snip image> 

sorry had to split it up in two images to show everyone what I received .. hope it's readable .. 2nd one is where it mentions to use the yahoo id ..

** edited my post to remove email addresses as advised, as this is a public forum .. 

@capt_solo Welcome back aboard. 😎

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BearFBI

@capt_solo I'm glad everything has gone well.  A SIM activation issue can definitely turn people off. It turned my friends off as they had trouble activateing and they weren't impressed at all. 

It also seems that PM is starting to bring users back with discounts. Ive never heard of this before. It must be new. 

Freedom Mobile's pricing is definitely cheaper than Public Mobiles but overall Public Mobile is on a better network. Freedoms network can be spotty at times. 

yanzhiqiang

Welcome back. 

Misah

Hi @capt_solo ,

Welcome back.

The first credit will be posted to your account within 30 days of activation. No worries, you will receive a confirmation by text when it is done.

Thanks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@capt_solo wrote:

I have to tell you guys, I'm impressed with PM so far .. used to be with PM, my first experience was a little off due to a SIM card issue, but that's no PM's fault, and I remember the guys on the forum helped out a lot, thanks guys, you're all very helpful!

So I'm bacccckk! after receiving a promotional email asking me to come back, and get 10 bux off of any plan 25 bux or less .. 

I ordered the SIM, it arrived, I activated it .. ported my number online from freedom mobile (those bastards!) .. and so far everything has gone smoothly .. no hitches .. thank you PM, the prodigal son has returned!

I just want to know how the promotion works.. there was no promotion code, they just said I should use my email ID at which I received the promotion email, and the discount will be applied automatically .. 

Will I see the discount on my first bill ? is there anything else I need to do to effectuate the discount ? 

Thank you in advance!

You should see your promo benefit applied before your next renewal date.

Welcome baaaack !

Edit, I gotta get on the mouse alot faster if I wanna compete with @gblackma  !  😎

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome back @capt_solo you should see the $10 discount applied within 30 days, to your second billing cycle  and if you used a referral code, you will see the additional $10 within 72 hours. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.