cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting port out of Public Mobile did not receive SMS

dztraw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As the subject says. I am requesting a port out of a Public Mobile and didn’t receive the SMS to confirm the port. 

7 REPLIES 7

@testpilot I am still loss if you are porting in or out if PM  

But you talk about Welcome text from PM, I would assume you are activating a new PM account and porting in???

did you check if PM charged your credit card??

since your PM sim card is not wven working,  there is no port to call porting team on the phone.  Please message PM support and ask them to confirm if your account was activated properly 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

testpilot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I replied "yes" to the SMS asking if I wanted to port out while I was activating a new SIM. The Public Mobile website hung shortly after, during the payment step. Unfortunately that leaves me unable to log in or create a PM account, no phone number for 2FA or anything else, and no PM phone number in order to submit a ticket. Also, the SIM stopped working immediately after 1 welcome text from PM.

@testpilot 

want to explain your situation more?  we can try to help

Are you porting in?  what you meant by you have no PM account to submit a ticket?

You can still submit a ticket by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

testpilot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Be triple sure your Public Mobile SIM is working. Once you send the text your old SIM stops working immediately. I failed to make this check and am now paying the price of having no service from my old provider, and no Public Mobile account to submit a ticket with. You don't want to be in limbo.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@dztraw make sure your PM account is active and make sure you can receive regular sms from friends 

Then call your new carrier and ask them to resubmit the port request 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dztraw   The carrier you are porting to needs to ask PM to resubmit the port transfer request text, so contact them and they will contact PM.  You need to have an active PM account and keep PM SIM in your phone until you've responded with a YES to transfer text within 90 minutes.

Also are advised to disable autopay in self serve account before the transfer is complete as you will lose access or ask customer support to remove your payment card from account by submitting a ticket via chatbot here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dztraw 

You'll need to ask your new provider to resend the port request.

Leave your PM SIM card in your device, and ensure the PM account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.