cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting new SIM card with same number for my son who lost his phone and cannot login

scarletsimard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, thanks for any help you can provide.

My son lost his PM phone and is unable to login since it asks to send a verification code to his lost phone. We live together so I can provide his password. He also still has access to the e-mail address associated with his account if verification can be done that way. Alternatively, is it possible for him to go to a physical store and order a SIM card associated to his PM account to be delivered there for pickup (he could provide Medicare, passport, etc, for ID verification in person) or do physical stores only offer new SIM cards that would change his number?

Thanks so much for the help, have a good day.

3 REPLIES 3

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@scarletsimard 

When the verification code is texted to the phone click on "Didn't get code?" and choose "email" instead. Alternatively if you know his voicemail pin code you can request it to be sent to voicemail.

Once you access the account you can suspend the service via lost/stolen found on the profile page. This will also prevent payment from being taken at renewal until you can swap out the Sim card with a new Sim card. Unsuspend via lost/stolen once you can swap the Sim cards and make a manual payment to resume service if the renewal date has passed.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@scarletsimard  Pick up a new SIM card form Telus /koodo store or order from Amazon 

then in his account profile page he can sim swap the number and keep his plan and phone number 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1720991858438.png

If he can’t log in get support to sim

swap the number for him 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@scarletsimard 

some Telus stores offer PM SIM card for $10, but you need to check with the store.

You can order a new SIM card from Amazon $5 next day delivery with Amazon prime, once you receive the SIM card, login to his account and update the SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.