cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t transfer my public mobile number?

Larissamichim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I have a public mobile plan for 3-4 years. I haven’t changed it since and now I can’t log in to check any informations about my plan without choosing a different plan option. Which would be fine, but it looks like it wants to set me up as a new customer? It asks me to proceed in the app to set up my account after I choose the new plan. 
When I do that, it gives me the option to keep my number or choose a new number. I want to keep my number, but it tells me it’s invalid? I can’t submit a service ticket either because it tells me the account set up is incomplete?

edited by computergeek541: profanity isn't allowed

5 REPLIES 5

Larissamichim

Yes, it forced me to do so. I logged into public mobile online to check my data usage for my phone number I have for the last 6 years, originally transferred from a different provider 3-4 years ago. Once I logged in I could not get into any information about my current plan (it was 1gb for $23), instead it always prompted me to the same page to choose a subscription plan. Again, I did log in with my same email address connected to my currently working phone plan with public mobile. Once I picked a plan and entered the infos it wanted, it told me to continue the setup my account in the app (which I of course already had as well) and when I wanted to transfer my number it said invalid number for transfer? I then could not submit a service ticket either, it said my account set up was incomplete, but I could not continued setting it up without choosing a new phone number. 

So now I have a new number and subscription (eSIM) and my previous working SIM card with my previous number, which I still can not find any informations on about my plan that I am however still paying for and using? Again, same email address. 

I did submit a service ticket now and will have to wait and see what happened. This is ridiculous and absolutely not acceptable. 

so, you opened the second account by mistake??

I'm pretty sure PM can help, so message them and ask

Larissamichim

A login problem? It looks like I have two numbers going right now and will likely be charged for both. Will they be able to give me my previous number still for my new subscription? I still have my old login saved in my phone and it’s both the exact same emails address. How can this happen? I don’t want two numbers and when I login to the App or My Account online my old number is still saved as my phone number in the eversafe ID thing but I had to pick a new number for the new subscription plan? This is so messed up!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Larissamichim 

Public mobile did switch to the Eversafe login last year.  Did you set up an Eversafe login before?  

If not, you will need to set one up.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/eversafe-faqs

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/eversafe-troubleshooting

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

just a login problem to My Account if you still have service. Ask PM to check and fix by message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.