cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing U.S. roaming plans and exact time of expiration

Acqua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Let's say I'm spending 17 days in the U.S.

I notice that Public Mobile doesn't allow people to renew the exact same roaming plans before they expire.

1) At what exact time does a plan expire? 12 a.m. pacific standard time? 9 a.m. eastern standard time? On the 11th day, when can I log into my account and expect to be able to buy the exact same U.S. roaming plan that I currently have?

2)  The most data anyone can buy within a 10 day period is 2 GB.

1 GB + 500 MB + 250 MB + 250 MB (from text+talk+data)

You can't buy multiples.

While most people may not need more than 2GB in a 10 day period, why not let customers buy more if they wish? Does Public Mobile not want our money?

Wondering,

Acqua

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jefeldman17 glad to hear you're up and running.  Please follow the link that @Luddite provided to send a private message to the moderator team, and ask politely if they can do anything for you for the add-on that didn't work.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jefeldman17

Thank you. The amount has been deducted from my available funds but not from my credit card. I hope Public Mobile will put the amount deducted back into the available funds. Any suggestions around that? Meanwhile, I just made a new purchase, and the add-on is working fine.

@Luddite wrote:

@jefeldman17 A US Roaming add-on cannot be renewed until expired by time, not usage. Check your account for Available Funds, if there just buy the add-on tomorrow. If not, confirm a charge was made to your credit card. No charge >> buy tomorrow. Card charged and no Available funds >> Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN.

@jefeldman17 A US Roaming add-on cannot be renewed until expired by time, not usage. Check your account for Available Funds, if there just buy the add-on tomorrow. If not, confirm a charge was made to your credit card. No charge >> buy tomorrow. Card charged and no Available funds >> Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jefeldman17

I purchased a new U.S. Roaming add-on a few hours before the one I had expired (yesterday). Today I am not getting service. Any suggestions about what's going on? Thanks.

jefeldman17

I purchased a new U.S. Roaming add-on a few hours before the one I had expired (yesterday). Today I am not getting service. Any suggestions about what's going on? Thanks.

Acqua

Hi,

Just to update this thread, I had a Public Mobile rep renew my U.S. add-ons manually for me. I was told they weren't positive that I would be able to renew them immediately as soon as my add-ons expired.

Anyway, hopefully the self-serve site is updated to ensure U.S. roaming add-ons can be added immediately after they expire.

Thank you to Noella for helping me.

@Acqua If you want more data, buy only a talk/text plan PLUS a separate data plan. We believe, but know one has confirmed, that you may purchase additional data once the first has been exhausted or the day after its expiry date. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acqua

Okay, well I sent a private message to @CS_Agent. I don't want my service to suddenly die. I'm in the U.S. right now. And my plan expires at 12 a.m. EST.

@Acqua, LOL that is the million dollar question.  I would expect it to be able to be repurchased at 1201 on the 13 but with this system I can't guarantee anything.

Also remember purchasing addons is a two step process the first time through you will pick your addon it will charge your credit card but the system puts the money into available funds.  You will then need to go and repurchase the addon and have the money taken out from the available funds.

Weird setup but that is the way it works

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acqua

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Acqua, the plan will expire at 12 am ET.  So for example if you purchased the addon today 3 Aug 17 no matter what of day, it would expire 12 amET on the 13 Aug 17

Thank you. So would you expect that I can log in at 12 a.m. EST and renew my U.S. roaming plan? Or will the self-serve site not allow me to do so until some later time?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Acqua, the plan will expire at 12 am ET.  So for example if you purchased the addon today 3 Aug 17 no matter what of day, it would expire 12 amET on the 13 Aug 17.  Yeah so we just must remember that it is 10 calendar days with the day of purchase being day one.  Not 10-24 hour days starting from time of purchase.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.