cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing an expired deprecated plan

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just curious what happens if I let my old $15 100min 3G plan expire or suspend it for a month. Since the plan is no longer offered, would I be forced to pick a new plan on renewing? What happens to my referral credits? Do they get deleted?

6 REPLIES 6

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Phil_Adelphus 

I would assume since it was a glitch on their part they made an exception but nowadays I read anything "legal" from Public Mobile/Telus as erring in their favour only especially nowadays.

@RavingRaven  Oh now I see it in the Terms and Conditions for points.  It says:

" To ensure that you have time to verify the Points balance in your Rewards Account is correct, Public Mobile gives you thirty (30) days from the date the Points are applied to your Rewards Account to review your balance and contact Public Mobile with any dispute."

I guess I got away with it because the points were not applied to my account at all lol!  

RavingRaven

@Phil_Adelphus 

Yep still in the Terms of Service :

To ensure that you have time to verify the Points balance in your Rewards Account is correct, Public Mobile gives you thirty (30) days from the date the Points are applied to your Rewards Account to review your balance and contact Public Mobile with any dispute. After the thirty (30) days, the Points balance appearing in your Rewards Account is deemed to be valid.

RavingRaven

@Phil_Adelphus 

It's in the point rewards rules for as long as I can remember ( lol...that could be less than I think!) and I've been on Points since I read those erroneous emails and blindly followed the links to switch both the wife and myself to points in January 2022. 😔

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@smurfit  As long as your account isn't suspended more than 90 days you still keep your current plan (although best to pay a few days before 90 to be safe). 

@RavingRaven If not you have 30 days to contact support to request your missing points

Last year there was a glitch in the system and my regular renewal points were not applied.  I waited longer than 30 days before contacting support and they fixed it.  Is this a new thing?

RavingRaven

@smurfit 

Your plan will remain to reactivate. Just pay $15 or redeem a $15 bill credit to reactivate your plan. Once paid you should recieve any friend referral points (if they have an active account) and 5% get back points ( not on bill credits only $$ payments) within 48 hours.

If not you have 30 days to contact support to request your missing points.

Need Help? Let's chat.