cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Glitch: Plan Renewed, Now Cannot Receive Incoming Calls/Texts, My Number Shows As Private

Patrick92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

My plan renewed today ($40/3GB/Unlimited Calling). Since then, I cannot receive calls or texts, and when someone calls me, they hear "You have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming calls." 

I can make outgoing calls, but not send texts. 

When I check my device settings, it says "Mobile data state: Disconnected".

My account is listed as "Active", and my service state is "In service". 

I even did a full factory reset on my phone just in case, and that didn't help.

If anyone has any recommendations, let me know!

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

IJB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah okay, CS Agent also tried resetting my account on their end but still no luck! So now I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for tech support. Hopefully they find root cause and come up with a fix soon!

Patrick92

No luck yet, unfortunately. I just received my first response yesterday two days after submitting my first ticket. They tried resetting network with no luck, so it has been escalated to the tech department. I was told it could take another 24-72 more hours to resolve the issue. After I asked if there would be some sort of compensation for losing days of service, as well as losing money on trying to fix the problem by buying a different plan, they graciously offered to prorate my plan based on days of lost service, which works out to a whole $1.33 per day...

Needless to say, their response to this whole issue has been very lacking and disappointing. 

IJB

@Patrick92 

Any luck getting your issues fixed? I'm having similar problem. CS Agent ask me to try to change plan again to see if that works, but I know I'll end up getting charged again on credit card so I refused. Wonder if you've had any luck with CS Agent?

ChrisSteeves98

i switched to bell at lunch time

Patrick92

I tried that first. Unfortunately, it made no difference. 

ChrisSteeves98

what time zone are they in?  i need my phone now I am missing work

@ChrisSteeves98 wrote:

did switching back to the original plan fix the issue?

@ChrisSteeves98   NO.. DON"T!!!  you might got charge again if you pick Change Plan now

You really need to wait for CS agent to get this sorted out for you.  Message them once again.   Yes, they open at 7EST, so, someone should be working now

ChrisSteeves98

did switching back to the original plan fix the issue?

Patrick92

Hey @hTideGnow,

I did in fact just switch plans, and then switched back to my original when it wasn't working. So I suppose I'm having the same issue as many others. Thanks for the info!

Cheers!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Patrick92   You didn't make a plan change , did you?

Today , there are multiple reports about problems after renewals.  But those were mainly about after a scheduled plan change on renewal.  At least one of them were quickly fixed by CS Agent.  

I suggest you to first try to reboot your phone, or reseat the sim with a power reboot.  

If none of those works, please open ticket with PM CS agent:

To open a ticket with PM CS Agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.