cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Sim for Vacation Where are my Texts?

Bounje85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I removed my sim card for vacation out of  country for fear of getting roaming charges. Now that I'm back I have tried restarting my phone and turning airplane mode on/off but can't retrieve missed texts from this time period. Help please.

8 REPLIES 8

Bounje85

Received confirmation from CS that pending texts will be deleted after 24 to 72 hours so I lost mine. Oh well, at least I know for next time.

Click on link below to send messages.  No phone number to call.

Click here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Bounje85

@CS_Agentwould love to speak with a customer service rep. The webpage access is down (tried from my phone and computer...)

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bounje85 It depends how long your vacation was.  I don't think SMS messages are stored indefinitely with the telco.  Suggest you reach out the CS Agent to find out how long SMS messages are stored at PM (Telus) before they are deleted if messages are undelivered.  Also FYI, PM doesn't have any roaming capability unless you're in the US.  I've been told that you can receive SMS in the US without the addon but cannot send.  but confirm and don't rely on my anecdotal comment.  So don't fear next time you don't have to remove the SIM.  If you left that phone in Canada you would receive the SMS messages as long as you leave the phone plugged in.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Bounje85 wrote:

I removed my sim card for vacation out of  country for fear of getting roaming charges. Now that I'm back I have tried restarting my phone and turning airplane mode on/off but can't retrieve missed texts from this time period. Help please.

How long has your Public Mobile SIM card been removed?  Public Mobile does keep the text message in the system for a short time (I believe a week or two) and they would be delivered as soon as you start using the service again, but any more than time than that, the text messages are gone.

I believe SMS are stored in your phone but SIM has to be in the phone and within service area.
I do have some SMS from the same person going back to Sep/Oct 2023 (and earlier) so 'keep' period is longer than 'short time'. But again! SMS are there BECAUSE they have been received.
If phone is out of service area then provider might keep undelivered SMS for a short while and then they are gone.

This is a good question for an agent so please reach to them.

@Bounje85 wrote:

How long has your Public Mobile SIM card been removed?  Public Mobile does keep the text message in the system for a short time (I believe a week or two) and they would be delivered as soon as you start using the service again, but any more than time than that, the text messages are gone.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Bounje85 have you been successful I'm doing this before? How long were you gone?

I'm thinking that if the SIM card is not in the phone, there will be no messages saved. The only way that the messages would be saved was if the SIM card was still in the phone. But you removed the card so it was nit connected. 

Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bounje85  Sorry with SIM card out of phone and away there’s no way to retrieve those text that you may have missed . And PM only has roaming in the US nowhere’s else and PM is pre paid so never a surprise bill for roaming when out of the country 

Need Help? Let's chat.