cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund request after <1 day usage

metamemelord
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I joined moved to Public Mobile yesterday (12/28/23) with a cheaper ($24 + tax) plan. I discovered that Public Mobile network is weak in my area (Burnaby, BC) and I had to move to a different provider that has better network here. I moved to that provider today (12/29/23). Can I get a refund? I was with Public for less than 24 hours and left because of connectivity issues.

11 REPLIES 11

@metamemelord wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My wife's number is still active with Public (In a Samsung S23 Ultra) and I wish to move that to Bell too, for the same reason. Should I request support beforehand in this case?

HI @metamemelord  Bell and Telus share the same network across Canada.  If PM does not work well, it won't work with Bell either as they use the exact same network 

is it problem with calls or data?  I wonder if it is VoLTE problem.  Try changing network mode to 3G and test the calls again

and you only have problem inside the building? how about if you go outside of the building? same?or much better?

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's strange, I've lived in Burnaby area and had very good coverage; but I did have some friends who complained about this too in different areas of the lower mainland. I would suggest also to let the service agent know (using the link Handy has provided below), the exact locations where you don't have coverage. Public Mobile users the Telus network and it's a pretty large network so having no coverage seems strange but also an issue that hopefully will be fixed soon.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ENR  Yes no wifi calling with PM your best to go to Koodo or Telus for wifi calling feature , also PM

is pre paid and no refunds so best to port out day or two before your next renewal . But you can try your luck with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ENR

the same situation but different days 29dec2023 to 30dec2023... it does not have wifi calling and the signal is not very good... how can I get a refund 😔

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure where in Burnaby you are, and I do not live there but have family there and when visiting have never had any issue with PM service and I have the Pixel 7 as well.  Celll tower maps show that Telus has more towers in the are but maybe a bell tower is on the correct side of the building for you if you are in a Condo or something Screenshot_20231229_231805_Edge.jpg

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@metamemelord  Yes I think it would be wise to reach out to support first 

metamemelord

Thanks for the reply. My wife's number is still active with Public (In a Samsung S23 Ultra) and I wish to move that to Bell too, for the same reason. Should I request support beforehand in this case?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @metamemelord 

Since you've already left Public Mobile, @Handy1 suggestion is a valid one. However, to be honest, I'm not sure you'll get a refund because you never asked for support to resolve the problem. You just left. But I wish you the best.

metamemelord

Thanks for writing back. I am using Pixel 7. I discovered that PM network does not work in the my building, hence I do not get calls in my apartment. I get good reception as soon as I step out, no problems at all. I was with Rogers earlier and am currently with Bell (Lucky Mobile) network and I get good reception in my building.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@metamemelord  Sorry PM is pre paid and no refunds .. but you can try your luck with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@metamemelord 

PM is using the same Telus network and should have decent connection in Burnaby

What phone do you have? Brand and model?

try to click Reset All network and see how it goes

Also, test to connect 5G, 4G and 3G networks and see  if any difference

and which provider you used before?  Again, PM connection should be the same as people using Telus/Koodo/Bell/Lucky/Virgin as they all use the same Telus/Bell network

Need Help? Let's chat.