cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral disappeared after plan changed

craig91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently changed my plan to the 15 GB one offered through the holidays, preciously I was on the 4 GB plan from fall 2016. 

When my plan renewed today my referral discount didn't apply. My SO did the same (I referred her) so I know she's still with public, yet I see nothing under referrals in the rewards portal. Everything I've found online suggests referrals are tied to account and not plan so us changing our plans should not have affected referral rewards.

Note: I did not move to the new points reward system.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@craig91 

Do you both renew on the same day?

But as you say its completely disappeared then that is a recent glitch that's been occurring and you will have to get customer support to fix it. Luckily you can prove the referral is still active.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@craig91 Yeah definitely reach out to support via  chatbot -  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or send a private message to the CSA - agent by using the envelope in the upper right.

I changed plans and my referrals remained intact so they should be able to fix it up for you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

are you 100% sure you are still on the old rewards program. Some people who have changed plans have gotten suckered into moving to public points, I hope you did not.

The only things that would affect a referral reward not being provided is if the person you referred either suspended their plan or left public mobile altogether. Also, if you happen to put your account in lost or stolen mode at any time, the referrals rewards don’t automatically apply on your renewal.

Other than that, they should be there @craig91 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@craig91  - did you renew your plan early (before the plan was regularly meant to renew on its own?).

If so, this could cause you not to receive your rewards.

Otherwise see @Handy1 to inquire with CSA.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@craig91 @You will need support for this 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.