cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code entered but friend did not receive reward

Michael27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received a referral code from a friend which I entered when subscribing to Public Mobile.  This was back in October 2022.   He recently told me he did not receive the reward for the referral.   Can this be corrected ?

13 REPLIES 13

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Michael27 

Hey that's OK.....for future reference you can unmark the solution by clicking on the little arrow above the date in a post.

You got a double whammy on bad glitches that should result in your third glitch being a good one?

If your referrer is an old $$ rewards program member they can tell you immediately if the referral code was added as the last 4 digits of your phone will have been added to their referrals list in their rewards account. I suspect you will see the $10 credit added sometime tomorrow afternoon (>>24hrs).

Fixing the account pin # glitch is easy now that we can do that ourselves on the profile page in your account.

....and you're very welcome!

Michael27

Hello Maximum Gato

I fear I have shortchanged you of a solution credit.   I gave it to another member who provided a link to customer service.   Seems as though one can only award one solution credit as I don't see the solution button anymore. After CS did not do anything, I returned to reading member responses to my issue and came across your solution, and I escalated it as you suggested.   a CS manager responded and said they would attempt an exception entry, and now I have been advised to see if it goes through in the next 72 hrs.    So I should see whether it has worked.   Thanks. 

Michael27

Thanks for your guidance.   Have acted upon it.

Michael27

Hello Maximum

Just to let you know, when I contacted customer support (today for the first time), my PIN also did not work.

Had to provide a lot of additional ID information to confirm the account.   Assumed it was my fault.

Hopefully Monday it will be resolved (I'll raise the PIN issue as well as further evidence of a faulty system).

I'll update.   Again, many thanks.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Michael27 

Just so you know there is no technical aspect to adding it rather it's a yay or nay. The glitch continues as I personally had it occur on an activation I did for a referral very recently using the PM app so the glitch had migrated to the app as well. I have long made a habit of taking screenshots of an entire activation in case there are any issues. Like all 9 of my referrals in 2022 experienced their 4 digit account pin #'s chosen at activation not register on their accounts creating a major hassle the first time they need support.

BTW....the 5 points are your welcome present from Public Points. 

I'm always happy to help!

Michael27

Hello Maximum Gato

The moment I saw your information I went back to Customer Support and requested an escalation of the matter to the next level based on new information you provided, namely an ongoing glitch for 2 years.   A manager has now responded and will get back to me Monday after consulting their tech team and to see if they can add the referral code as an exception.    They initially blamed it on me in that I must have not clicked on the "ADD" button when registering.    Too bad my friend didn't tell me about this earlier (and I thought the 5.00 points I got was the reward).   Anyway, many thanks as this seems to have got a serious response.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Michael27 

Here's a little more info on your issue......there has been an ongoing glitch for the past 2 years that on occasion the referral code entered at activation does not register on the account at activation.

You should have recieved a $10 credit within 72 hours of activation. Your friend the "referrer" should have recieved the Cha-ching text the the following day after your activation and recieved 1 point (or $1 if on the old $$ rewards program) for every 30 days of active service you have had.

Once you contact customer support to add the referral code you should recieve the $10 credit within 72 hours but usually the next day. Your friend will recieve the Cha-ching text (tomorrow?)  at 2pm eastern and if they are on the old $$ rewards they will also see the last 4 digits of your phone # appear in their rewards account immediately after the referral code is added. 

If possible supply the last 4 digits of your friends phone # so the CSA can confirm they are adding the correct referral code. Once done give your friend your customer support ticket reference # so that they can contact customer support and ask for their missing referral rewards.

Neither you or your friend should be shortchanged on the referral because of a glitch on pm's part that they have chosen to ignore or fix?!! If either of you are given a hard time getting the issue fixed ask for your support request to be escalated. 

Good luck and welcome to the community!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Michael27  Do you remember getting the $10 credit in your account with in 3 days of activating back in Oct ? . But what you can do now is ask support if the code entered and applied correctly 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Michael27 

You should have got 10 points for using the referral code.

Common mistake is mixing letters with numbers like O/0, I/1 or S/5.

Just reach out to a CS_Agent if this could be the case by private messaging them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

HI @Michael27 

ask your friend to first submit the ticket

and ask him to go back to My Account, check the Payment history page.  It shows a full year of transactions, so, ask him to see if there is any $10 credit to his account on the first two week that he joined

Michael27

I received 5.00 points at that time.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

To be honest @Michael27 the fact it's been since October of last year, there is a zero chance anything can be done. It has to be noticed within 60 days or less IMO. You can reach out to a CS Agent but I don't see anything happening.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Michael27 

Oct 2022, that was long. Did you get the $1 or 1 Point per cycle yourself?

Since it is that far back, better to ask your friend to submit a ticket with CS agent and they can check if the code was ever applied and if $10 was ever credited to the account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.