cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Rewards Continually with Discrepancies! Public Mobile why is this??

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

On one of my accounts I have:

10 referral code phone numbers .... xxx-xxx-1111 (they match my paper copies)

Rewards are showing as 7

PM...why is this?

Is this a system issue?

What ones are the issue?

And what are the issues?

I am afraid to ask a CSA for fear of losing all. And last time I pursued with a CSA, the integrity of the response was questionable. And then was told that a Ticket would be started and to expect a response in 7-10 days. I never heard back. 

Why so irresponsible....we all work hard for referrals? For your and our gain.  

This is a continual annoyance. 

18 REPLIES 18

@AngH wrote:

Hm interesting, when I previously had referrals, it was ordered based off who I had referred first.

There's no order. When I referred, the new number showed up anywehre in the list.

AngH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hm interesting, when I previously had referrals, it was ordered based off who I had referred first.

@CountyDownIeUk 

That should correlate as I have had a couple phone numbers change and they appear in exactly the same spot.

@AngH 

Mine are in that order...oldest on top and newest on bottom. 

But I do feel a year ago was random on my 2 older accounts. 

I have excel records and are in order by date and in the same order online. 

I have a new number online that does not match my excel list. It appears new number is in same slot. I am wanting to attach the new number with the right owner information. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Random. I checked mine it's completely random. And I just double checked which number suspended via lost/stolen the other day..... And wouldn't you know it it's my mystery referral! I guess it's better that it's the lost/stolen as that's indicating that they have either gone on vacation, lost their phone or decided to disconnect for a while but they'll be back hopefully? 🤔

Me thinks in no particular order.  

AngH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

By date, whoever recently was referred will appear at the bottom of list 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is the list sorted:

Numerically (by phone number)

By date

OR??

Appears mine are in the order that I received them (by date)

Can any one confirm??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If you cannot get your referrals to plead the case for you @CountyDownIeUk , you likely have no case...unless you can verify their accounts somehow.

It is a bit of a mess, i'd agree.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

How long have these referrals been suspended for non payment? Since July 13th?

I had one non paying referral for over a month and put it down to one the 3 referrals I don't know personally to have their full phone number to check. Turns out it was my nephew's phone and his mom couldn't verify the account because a period was missed in the email at activation. If it hadn't been for mugga (the MIL) who asked me to look into why she wasn't hearing back from her grandson who always answers her texts it may have been being suspended on even longer!

While it took nearly 3 days to change the email with me serving as liason between customer support the nephew and the mom halfway through the process I mentioned vouchers could be used thru 611 to reactivate the account to then verify sending the 2FA via SMS text message.

While the mom put that on her list to go get about an hour later it dawned on me that since I knew all the account info that maybe I should just try a credit card payment via 611 and bingo the account was reactivated.

I phoned my nephew which scared him off his video game and within minutes he was able to give me the code to remove to 2FA off the account. About 12 hours later we finally were able to recieve the reset for the password once the new email address for the account had been changed but we had already regained access changing the email was just necessary going forward if this ever happened again. All this grief because auto pay failed.

The lesson here being it could be someone closer than you think it is that has a suspended account. I suspect yours are resulting from the new self-serve account and your referrals can't access it through SMS verification. How many of your referrals do you have the full phone number? Because you can call each one using the 1 855 4PUBLIC phone number to check their account status. It could be a matter of the referral not knowing how to access their self-serve accounts to fix whatever their payment problem is... ? Maybe you need a reference on how to access the community or offer an email where you can offer assistance with this problem that maybe your referrals will look at in desperation knowing that their account is about to be lost in the next month?

I also received Tuesday night at 611 message that somebody has suspended their account via lost stolen. So it's not any of the ones I manage so I have to narrow down who it is other than the three I don't know. Or if it's one of those three two of them are community members I could always check in on them.

I would start investigating now who you think they are because if they have lost access to their account and cannot reactivate 90 days will be coming up sometime in October.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

On one of my accounts I have:

10 referral code phone numbers .... xxx-xxx-1111 (they match my paper copies)

Rewards are showing as 7

PM...why is this?

Is this a system issue?

What ones are the issue?

And what are the issues?

I am afraid to ask a CSA for fear of losing all. And last time I pursued with a CSA, the integrity of the response was questionable. And then was told that a Ticket would be started and to expect a response in 7-10 days. I never heard back. 

Why so irresponsible....we all work hard for referrals? For your and our gain.  

This is a continual annoyance. 

Unless you can validate the status of each and every account, it is a bit difficult to say the system is in error.  I do agree with you that asking for a follow up can be YMMV.  I once had the my referral list zeroed during follow up.  It was restored in the end.  These days, I accept what I have/get.  

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In the end they get resolved.. but only after someone speaks out..👍

Metal1967

who knows.. so many weird issues as of late.. 

@Metal1967 

Ported out should be instantaneous.

Suspend?

Has not paid?

System malfunction?

@JK8 

Between you, me and the gate post, "may" doesn't cut it!!! All 3 of my accounts have been like this. And I find it odd that 3 out of 10 are suspended??

PM needs to respond. 

Metal1967

Just my take on the matter….

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

You may have 10 numbers listed, but 3 of them may not be currently active at the time the referral rewards were given out. It is only after 90 days of inactivity will the number be removed.

Metal1967

Maybe someone  didn’t pay their bill.. ported out.. ? Rewards are usually up to date.. never had an issue on my end

Need Help? Let's chat.