Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

@treefort wrote:

Hi, thank you for the response. To be honest, I am not sure whether I have ever been paid the third friend or not. All 3 joined years ago

Hi @treefort 

On My rewards site, there is a History Side tab , click on that and it will tell you how much  reward TOTAL you got since you joined.  You will see how much total Friend referrals you got.  Depends on how many months your 3 friends and maybe you can guess if you ever receive rewards for your 3rd friend.

treefort
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, gotcha. Thank you kindly. Bravo to you

treefort

Hi, thank you for the response. To be honest, I am not sure whether I have ever been paid the third friend or not. All 3 joined years ago.Screenshot_20220310-145532_Chrome.jpg Everyone should be active as far as I know. Here is what I see.

HI @treefort   With this new reward portal, they will show all the number you referred, even though they have gone from PM.  Many members talked about this.  It is possible one of your friend already left PM, or  they didn't pay  last renewal and account suspended.  First check with your friends and confirm they are all here still before opening ticket with PM

treefort

Hi, yes they do. They all show up in my refereafriend rewards too but it only says $2. Screenshot_20220310-145532_Chrome.jpg

HI @treefort   is your 3rd friend always on the list, PM has been paying $3 and just some how gone?  You should confirm with your friend first and make sure he is still here and his account not suspended

If your 3rd friend just joined, and PM never pay you the friend referral $1 for this 3rd friend (and maybe your friend never got the $10 referral credit too?) , then have your friend to open a ticket with PM CS Agent.   Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1.  Type: My rewards are missing,
  2. click on "Refer A friend",
  3. click on "Yes, I'm the referred customer',
  4. click "Click here to submit a ticket" .
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @treefort ;  This is a very old thread.  It might go unnoticed.  You should create a new question in the main support topic.  As for your question, do all 3 people still have active Public Mobile accounts?

treefort

Hi, I just noticed that I have 3 friends in my list that I have referred, yet it is only giving me $2. How do I get reimbursed for all the missed months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jchan27 wrote:

My referral reward disappeared. I contacted the person to see if they left PM, which they have not and is still using PM.

Anyone experience the same thing?

There was a clean-up purge done a little while ago. I'm not sure what their criteria was. Some people lost real referrals. Many people lost invalid referrals. If you have proof that they were a referral and are still active then you'll need to take up your case with the moderators.

Jchan27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My referral reward disappeared. I contacted the person to see if they left PM, which they have not and is still using PM.

Anyone experience the same thing?

@Great_Big_Abyss   You'll need to remove your referral code, click on the 3 dots top right of your post to delete because you're not allowed to post openly offering your code on the forum.  But you private message someone with the offer as long as they reqested it by posting here.

Great_Big_Abyss

If you haven't already, use ******

Edited by ShawnC13 to remove referral code.

AFW-Public

Thanks, I don't know any friends who's using Public LOL.  In fact they all told me it's a discount carrier, don't touch it, LOL.  Anyways, I spent over an hour reading the community posts and I like what I read so I'm going to give it a try.

For those who've responded earlier.  Many thanks, I'll use the first person that responded as my referral.  And thanks everyone for the varous posts, they were very useful in my decision making.

@AFW-Public wrote:

I just learned about Public Mobile by searching online for cheaper cell services.  Liked what I read and planning to activate a SIM tonight.  Is there anyone who wants to be my referral?

Check with your friends or family to see if they want the referal. EZ money !!

AFW-Public

I just learned about Public Mobile by searching online for cheaper cell services.  Liked what I read and planning to activate a SIM tonight.  Is there anyone who wants to be my referral?

@Great_Big_Abyss wrote:

Can I retroactively use a referral?  I signed up today, and finally a friend sent me her referral code?  is there any way for her to still get her $1/mo, and me get my $10?

The terms of the referral program do indicate that this needs to be done at the time of activivation. You can certainly ask Public Mobile to apply it for you, but please note that there is no gurantee when it comes to this matter.  Open a ticket with the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "rep".

Great_Big_Abyss

Can I retroactively use a referral?  I signed up today, and finally a friend sent me her referral code?  is there any way for her to still get her $1/mo, and me get my $10?

Raven

Thank you.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Raven wrote:

Been a month. How do i contact a moderator?

Click link on my first post

Raven

Been a month. How do i contact a moderator?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Raven wrote:

I have the same issue. I received a message saying i was receiving the $10.00 credit but it never showed up on my account and I never received it. What do I do now?

It could take up to 72 hours for the credit to appear in your account. If it's been past that time contact a moderator to look into it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Raven

I have the same issue. I received a message saying i was receiving the $10.00 credit but it never showed up on my account and I never received it. What do I do now?

kas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It wasn't my solution, it was theirs. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

kas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My public mobile number wasn't working for 3 months and it has finally been resolved but my refer a friend credit was removed due to the 'solution'.  This company is not here to help anyone and I'm confused why this program even exists if they won't keep their word.  @CS_Agent @Lachlan_M 

Annie01

Kewl

Annie01

Yes why not?

Annie01

Bring them to public mobile

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

It says I get a $10 reward for referring a friend d however I referred 3 now and got $25 for each one.

There was a promotion that expired March 31st, that gave both you and your friend $25 referral credit.  The normal referral credit is $10 only for your friend.  In both cases you will receive a refer-a-friend reward of $1/30 days your friend stays with Public Mobile.  

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sounds like you got a good deal 

Need Help? Let's chat.