Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Kekezita,

If you refer many people, at $1 per person per 30 days, you can reduce the cost of your plan to zero. Please note that the combined total of rewards and discounts cannot exceed the cost of one's plan.

Good luck in finding people to refer!

Cheers.

Kekezita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've referred so many people and did not know about this. Glad I know now lol Next time. 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

winterburna

thanks that does help.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

YOU don't refer a friend. When your friend is signing up for service, he/she will be asked for the phone number of the person referring him/her. At that time, your friend will enter your phone number.

I hope that this has answered your question.

winterburna

How do you refer a friend? I would have thought there would just be a button you can click to refer a friend, but there's not.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Janterry,

You don't enter that information, nor do you have any box, etc. in which to enter it.

When your friend is signing up for service, he/she will be asked for the number of the PM customer who referred him/her.

I hope that this has answered your question.

Janterry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Where do you enter the info for a friend you'd like to refer?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @TroyDaBes, I agree with the post above.  Only you will get the Referral Reward for referring a new customer.  

Although, Koodo gives referral reward to both persons involved.  So, it may make things more interesting if PM did the same.  

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think it's just you...

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just need a confirmation. If someone uses my number as a referral, him and I will get the $1 off each month? 

bdds100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just added my wife but I lost my first year $10 reward also there is no refer a friend in my award.

vrance

Hi recurring, only on your plan renewal date, snd your referred friend are active with Public Mobile with a plan.

CoderAndrew

Are the rewards for referrals recurring as long as the friend is active or is it a one off credit?

marcnoel
vrance:

Thanks.

vrance

Hi @marcnoel, when you signon to the online self serve, you can see all your rewards.  The common reward is refer a friend reward, which display all the phone number that you refers and active Public Mobile customers.  The second reward is the the autopay reward.  When you join the Public Mobile longer, you may be eligible for the loyalty reward, and when you participate in this forum discussion, there are other rewards.  Refer to all rewards here:

http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/rewards

marcnoel
Rick:

Thanks very much.

LOOK OUT, PM! HERE WE COME!

Rick

Go for it just make sure you put your phone number as the referring number when you activate her sim card.

marcnoel
Greetings:

Am I eligible for referral rewards if I refer my wife who lives at the same address, and I pay both bills with my credit card?

The Refer-A-Friend Procedure is very Straightforward, and So easy, Even a Caveman can do it.

I'm Super-Excited with this Nifty Program, and other PM Rewards, Current, and Hopeful Future Rewards

Humpy
It should just come off when you pay

bilal

I would like to know this too.

Referred a family member, their line is active. 

smilee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will this appear on my account page? I do not see any referral credits and my bill is coming due. I do know that the referrals are on a plan currently.

Need Help? Let's chat.