Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

lilstarangel15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
No I was never able to log in to my account. I've contacted a mod but haven't received a response.

jeeva86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Were you able to access your account ever? If yes, then I think the referral will be recorded somewhere. I know I had trouble getting my account created so needed the mod to help finish the activation.

lilstarangel15
I activated my account on Monday nut haven't been able to access my account. I referred 3 people and was wondering if I will be getting the referral reward for that. I have full service on my phone and my friends were all able to use my number as a referral.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunshineshaa@marihui

If your friends werent able to enter your number for referral reward, you can send a private message to @Saray_O with the needed info... thats your number and the phone number that you referred.  

The mods may be able to sort this out for you.  But give them a week to respond.. we are in the middle of the busiest times ever for public mobile.  Good luck!

imm1304

Hey @jeeva86

Please give it couple of days.  The promo is expiring on Sunday and PM systems are overloaded with new activations and referrals going on nonstop.  The mods' workload will slow down and any delay in the system will also catch up next week.  

From selfserve, you can click on "My Rewards" and then click the grey arrow to the left of "Total Rewards earned" to see the details, including the phone number you referred.  

If you don't see referral by mid-week next week, then send a private message to one of the mods to look into this for you.  Don't worry, our mods are awesome and will take care of this if needed.

marihui

After they have registered their sim, there's no way for them to still add your number as a referl 😞 Happened to me too.

jeeva86

I opened an account with sim #1, then opened another account with sim #2, using the number from sim #1. Sim #1's account shows no confirmation of the referral. Seems like others have reported this as well, so what's going on?

sunshineshaa

Hello,

A friend of mine couldn't add my number at the time of registration even though i referred him to the plan. How can he add my phone number as a refered friend now that he already passed the registration page and has an active account?

Thank you

@galaxy2 they are usually quite good with billing. Most bugs are more technical in nature

galaxy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@kav2001c thank you so much!! The correct amount was charged to my cc. 

baddie

I just had 2 friends port in with my number as a referral.  However, I don't see the credit applied to my account.  Does it take a few days for this to happen?

thanks

@galaxy2 if you click into the reward it will show your actual payment due

Front page does not update

galaxy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I referred my friend on Oct. 27, 2016 and I got the text message "Public Mobile here. Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend..." Under the "Rewards" tab in my account, I see the credits under "Refer-a-Friend Reward".

I'm on a 90-day plan for $120. I just got my bill with due date Nov. 17, 2016. However, only the $6 autopay rewards was taken off. The total is $114 as you can see in the screenshot below. The refer-a-friend rewards were not taken off. Does this have to do with the referral happening in the middle of the billing cycle? Will it be applied to the next bill three months later (i.e. Feb. 17, 2017)?

Can someone please help? Smiley Sad

Thanks!!

Screenshot.png

tknguyen

@sirkdub I would say try both cause people have problems with the number they chose and the ported over number. I think?? One or the other should work

sirkdub

Hi i want to know what number we should use when a friend signs up with our referral? Would my friend use the original number i choose with PM or the ported over number ?

tknguyen

@Lag333 thats the same problem with all the people i've tried to refer 😓

Lag333

Sigh I've told so many people about this but they're either old and don't like change, or they're too lazy to cut ties with their provider. Oh well! 38 dollars a month I'm happy with. I still wish my friends would switch though regardless of my lack of referrals. Good for u guys who have convinced people to switch ! You deserve those credits. 

Antiloop
My wife referred me... But she hasn't received any discount...

Madmox
I am trying to add a second line with a referral to my first. When I fill out the form and submit, I get an error saying the referral number is not valid. I did have a temporary new number for a few days before I ported, so I tried that number too, still didn't work. My old number is fully ported, no problem there, just won't accept it as a referral number.

imm1304

Welcome aboard, @Pasharu!

Pasharu

Just ported all my family over and friends, happy to be getting some love. Thank you! 

boldventure

I activated 2 sims, ported sim 1.

When I activated sim 2, I used the current number (ported) of sim 1.

SIM 1 did not get a message of the referral reward. This was on Sunday and when I checked SIM 1 account on Wednesday, there is no referral reward. I created a topic and message Mary but until now my message is still unread.

traycer

PM discourages people from posting personal information like phone numbers. Since your referral code is your phone number, I assume that policy applies there as well. Besides, if everyone posted here, then chances are you wouldn't get many referrals. Better to keep it private amongst people you know.

tknguyen

Is there any way we can share numbers to the community/newcomers to get a referral reward? 😅

imm1304

Hey @traycer,

Use your ported number from now on for referring others to PM. General rule of thumb is to use your current public mobile number.. wherever it came from doesn't matter.. its your PM number now.

It works just fine for me in the same situation, i.e. Telus ported number used on PM for referrals.   

traycer

So far, my referrals seem to be working, but I have since ported my TELUS number over to my PM account. Is my referral number now my TELUS phone number, or still the original (but inaccessible) PM phone number?

@Mary_M

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Never mind. Although it appeared as a blank picture in the thumbnail, clicking on it opened the correct, full-size image. Thank you for that.

marcnoel
Sorry, I don't see your screenshot. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't viewable on mobile. Regardless, I would like to see my referrals in my acount, too.

@marcnoel I posted the screenshot above

There is (supposed to be) a drop down arrow, when you click it opens showing your referred numbers 

As you can tell the system has bugs and often does not work though

marcnoel
The very first post in this thread is by Lachlan_M, on 1/8/15. Near the beginning of that post is a chart entitled "How much can you earn?" Below it is a section entitled "Other things you need to know:" The third point in that section says, "You’ll know how many active friends you have in your Self Serve account." I have queried about this since last year, and no one has been able to tell me where to find my referrals in my account. I have since learned to keep track of my referrals (names and numbers), then just ensure I get credit for them when my plan renews by listing the active referrals to Customer Service a few weeks before renewal. This ensures that we are both on the same page regarding rewards and amount owing. So far, it is working.
Need Help? Let's chat.