Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It says I get a $10 reward for referring a friend d however I referred 3 now and got $25 for each one.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Angelface wrote:

Unfortunately no we cannot.  Which is sad...

@Angelface 

If you want to become new "friends" and dont mind giving out your phone number you can...

Angelface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately no we cannot.  Which is sad...

lc123128
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

very helpful

ldimes

Activating my sim tonight. Pm me for referral please as I don't know any other pm members anymore

Done. Thanks! 

BradM

Absolutely!

navcoke

Hi there,. New bee here. Looking for friends to help me on boarding.

No here you will note talk to someone on phone ....after a lot of minutes on hold...but you can ask your question and have help here community!!!Smiley Wink

Here are the statements for the 25$ elligibility..

From February 14th until March 18th, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dimplesmd143 wrote:

Hello.  I have refer a friend and we both didnt get the 25$ reward.  The person i refer was xxxxxxxxx. And we both just topped up our accounts over the weekend. And didnt recieve the 25$ for me refering her.  Please let me know whats going on with that.  No liking that you dont have a number to get ahold of someone 😠😠

@Dimplesmd143 

This is the support model here.

There's some use of keywords in your post.

Were one or the other or both of you existing customers here?

Did one or the other or both of you become new customers here?

@Dimplesmd143 

Did your friend activate in store or at home?  If in store, it does not qualify for the $25 both parties friend referral.  

Usually will get the friend credit within 72 hours.  If you feel that your friend qualified, your friend needs to contact moderator to get the credit issue sorted out.  It will take 1-2 days to sort out.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dimplesmd143

Hello.  I have refer a friend and we both didnt get the 25$ reward.  The person i refer was xxxxxx. And we both just topped up our accounts over the weekend. And didnt recieve the 25$ for me refering her.  Please let me know whats going on with that.  No liking that you dont have a number to get ahold of someone 😠😠

edited by comptuergeek541; removed personal information

@Angelface it's possible to ask the moderator for a credit for a refferal after the activation...Smiley Happy

Angelface

yes because it is a new line activation 

Angelface

So this must be done in the activation process....unfortunately  if you forgot to add a number ther3 is no other way to get that referral credit   sorry

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@black-knight wrote:

Recently I refered a friend to Public Mobile but i have yet received any referal bonus. The friend set his account up at Walmart . I believe he took the referal for himself, the second referal which was for the second activation was given after the second month so we believe the referal for the intial activation either went to the Walmart salesman or a buddy of his. Let us know if there is anything that can be done if we provide our info to anyone that looks into it as it is principal not dollar value that is important to us.

If your friend activate his PM plan at WM, you will get only $1/m as long as your friend stay with PM.  You only get the one time $25 credit if your friend activate his plan at home online.

You can check your list of your referrals as follows:
1. Login to your self-serve account
2. Click on the "My Rewards" link on the overview page.
3. Click on the solid black triangle on the left of "Total Rewards earned" 2 times to show you the list of referrals of your friends' phone number. 

Is your friend's phone on your referral list?

If yes, you will get the $1/m as long as your friend stay at PM.

Unfortunately, you will not get the one time $25 referral credit because you did not make sure that your friend activates his PM plan online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@black-knight wrote:

Recently I refered a friend to Public Mobile but i have yet received any referal bonus. The friend set his account up at Walmart . I believe he took the referal for himself, the second referal which was for the second activation was given after the second month so we believe the referal for the intial activation either went to the Walmart salesman or a buddy of his. Let us know if there is anything that can be done if we provide our info to anyone that looks into it as it is principal not dollar value that is important to us.

The existing customer with the standard rewards program will get the $1/30 days. The new customer will get $10.

Currrently, there is a $25 promo where both parties will get $25 when the new customer signs up online and the existing customer will still get the $1/30 days.

I'm not sure what you're saying with all that other stuff.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@black-knight 

Standard referral bonus is 10 for the new customer and 1$ for you..promotions change amounts offered so info when the activation was done will help...also..online or instore affects things also..

black-knight

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Send a private message to Moderator_Team and ask them if they can fix it for you. Include your name, phone number, account number, and PIN - as well as your friend's name and phone number (i.e., include as much detail up front as you can to reduce the amount of back and forth messages, hopefully that'll speed things up for you).

J3ssicaorr

My friend that I refered tried to put money on her account but her card was refused. Between that time and her finding an alternative payment method (less than five minutes) I got a text informing me that I would not be receiving my refer a friend bonus as her account was inactive. She has now topped up and her account is fully active. We were under the impression she had done this within the time frame required. Is there anyway to reactivate my refer a friend bonus?

Auntyaubray

This is such a great way to get people involved in what is going on. Not to mention being rewarded while helping people. The great feeling of giving is satisfying and making your bill cheaper for doing this. This seems like a double reward. ;*)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lil_ana83 wrote:

@smilee wrote:

Will this appear on my account page? I do not see any referral credits and my bill is coming due. I do know that the referrals are on a plan currently.

@Lil_ana83: This is confusing. Are you replying something to smilee or are you asking a question or repeating that question?

Which side of a referral do you think you should be getting?

If the new customer then you should see the one-time $10 added to your Available Funds. (could be $25)

If you're the existing customer then you should see the $1 in your rewards area on your overview page (could also be $25 in Available Funds). The reward will then get converted to Available Funds on renewal night.

Lil_ana83

@smilee wrote:

Will this appear on my account page? I do not see any referral credits and my bill is coming due. I do know that the referrals are on a plan currently.

Lynken

the person probably meant this "Get referred and you'll receive a one-time $10 credit! Plus we'll take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Sharing is caring!" which basically means if you get referred for the first time then you'll get $10 of course, but only once and if the person didn't mean this then I have no clue haha

@annie1 wrote:

I was toll by the person that set up my son account with public mobile  that I will get 10.00 for refer a friend  cause of the promotion that was on at the time 

@annie1 If your son activated at a retail location you were told the wrong thing.  These retailers do not work for Public Mobile and have been known to give out wrong information

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

annie1

I was toll by the person that set up my son account with public mobile  that I will get 10.00 for refer a friend  cause of the promotion that was on at the time 

@annie1 wrote:

Hi I refer a friend  a couple of months ago  and I never got the ten dollar credit for it it was Billy Abbott  I refer my number is REMOVED 

Edited:  Removed phone number by ShawnC13

As the referrer you do not receive the $10 you will get $1/30 days.  THe person you referred gets the $10

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annie1 wrote:

Hi I refer a friend  a couple of months ago  and I never got the ten dollar credit for it it was Billy Abbott  I refer my number is REMOVED 

@annie1

If you were the existing customer and you gave your friend your number for a referral then HE gets the $10 credit and you get the $1/30 days reward.

annie1

Need Help? Let's chat.