cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipients cannot hear me

Pat123451
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I’m having issues where the person I’m calling says I’m breaking up/they can’t hear me but I hear them fine. I’m using an iPhone on Public Mobile. Issue is happening whether I’m calling a land line or other carrier or another Public Mobile phone. I’ve also tried calling people on my husband’s Android Public Mobile phone and got the same issue. This is getting annoying and thought I’d check here for help. Maybe it’s time to change carrier? Hope not. Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

ToshPuppy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I understand how frustrating it can be to have call quality issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem:

1. Check Network Signal: Poor call quality can sometimes be related to a weak signal. Ensure you have a strong signal where you’re making the calls.

2. Test Different Locations: Try making calls from different locations to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is related to specific areas with poor coverage.

3. Restart Your Phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can help resolve connectivity issues and refresh your network connection.

4. Update Software: Make sure your iPhone and any other devices you’re using have the latest software updates installed. Updates can often fix bugs and improve performance.

5. Check for Interference: Ensure that there are no physical obstructions or electronic devices causing interference with your phone’s signal.

6. Reset Network Settings: On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset your Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings. After resetting, reconnect to your network and test the calls again.

7. Contact Customer Support: If none of these steps resolve the issue, reach out to Public Mobile’s customer support. Provide them with details about the problem and the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken. They may be able to identify network issues or provide further assistance.

8. Consider Changing Carrier: If the issue persists and you’re not getting the support you need, it might be worth exploring other carriers to see if they offer better service in your area.

I hope these steps help resolve the call quality issues you’re experiencing. Let me know if you have any other questions or need further assistance!

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @Pat123451 

Go into your network settings and reset your network and then reboot. This should clear it up.

Dumb question, how does this address the problem?  This is not a network connection related problem.  Network resets will remove past saved network settings like WiFi passwords.  Very annoying to restore.  

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How is the service in your area? do you normally have full bars?
If you're experiencing the same issue with both phones, i would try to see if its happening in another location maybe closer to the towers/in the city. Or if you have any family members/friends who can test another phone on a different carrier in your area to see if its a Telus/PM issue or a location issue. 

Im assuming you've already tried the routine troubleshooting methods, but if not, try restarting your phone, going into settings and resetting Network settings (this will remove all wifi passwords just so youre aware).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Pat123451 

you can start with clicking Reset Network Settings on your phone and see if it help

And of course, make sure your iOS is updated and also update the Carrier Profile

if possible, test the sim card on another phone and that can tell if it is a device problem or network

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Pat123451 

if it happens with both phones from same location...sounds like a location issue. Try making a few calls from a different area. Has it worked properly in same location, in the past ?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pat123451  Try the different network mode 3G 4G/LTE or 5G see if that helps any . Also can try rebooting the phone or reset network settings and see if the at makes a difference . Seems strange you both having same issue thou . Maybe there’s a outage in your area 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Pat123451 

Go into your network settings and reset your network and then reboot. This should clear it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.