cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving texts issues.

brandon7091
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, 

I switched to public mobile yesterday from Eastlink and successfully ported my number over. 

The issue I have is this: I cannot receive text messages from Eastlink clients. I can send them and they receive them and we can call, but they cannot send me a text. 

There are no know issues with texting with other providers. 

Eastlinks response is that they can do nothing about this. 

thoughts? 

kind regards, 

Brandon 

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@brandon7091 wrote:

I switched to public mobile yesterday from Eastlink and successfully ported my number over. 

The issue I have is this: I cannot receive text messages from Eastlink clients. I can send them and they receive them and we can call, but they cannot send me a text. 

Can you confirm that your Eastlink SIM card no longer works? if it still works, you will need to leave it in your phone and contact the Public Mobile moderators to retry the port. A port-out will trigger a confirmation text message to your eastlink SIM that you need to reply to within 90 minutes. You may have missed this previously.

You can contact the moderators or the porting number as previously provided in this thread.

rliu1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

maybe reboot phone or try on another phone, see whats happen

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brandon7091 wrote:

Hi all, 

thoughts? 

kind regards, 

Brandon 

@brandon7091 ,

As @softech posts try waiting another day to see if this resolves.

In the meantime, place your device into airplane mode for a few minutes, then go back to regular mode. This can help with network connection issues and weird things going on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

are you able to get text or calls from other providers, Bell, Rogers, etc?

it's a known issue smaller providers will take longer to  route calls/texts to your new "home".  For example, when my friend ported into PM, calls from Fongo took 2 fulls days.  It's not a PM issue but more Fongo issue for not updating fast enough.

So, wait for a day or 2 more and your Eastlink friends should be able to reach  you on text or calls

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Try the following troubleshooter:

reboot phone

remove and replace SIM card

reset network settings

If that does not get the remaining of your services working, try the porting helpline which is reserved for porting related issues.

1-844-x

Need Help? Let's chat.