cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't pay because my account has enough balance?

ari_akhter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a text saying I need to pay for my plan. I don't know if it's because of the $1 loyalty but when I try to pay for my plan it doesn't show the amount due and so it says "you're account has already enough balance". How can I pay for my plan?

10 REPLIES 10

@ari_akhter wrote:

I still have service but my plan ends on the 11th unless I renew it. 

I don't use auto-pay, I just prefer not to. But when currently when I tried to pay on the side its says Available funds: $1 but underneath it doesn't say the amount due, and so it won't let me pay for my plan. 

@ari_akhter , just don't pick Amount Due, and pick the "Other (enter the desired payment amount)" option to top up to.

Just like that! 

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

What else do you think I meant by "available funds"?

Actual rewards showing can change up to the renewal and are dependant on many factors - referrals dropping off/adding, addition of community rewards, loyalty rewards adding mid cycle, if the OP were to add a payment card and get additional discounts.

Thus my choice to use the word "anticipated" rewards as the number could change mid cycle.

I like to answer the questions as asked. And the OP and many others here may be new to PM and even new to the country and English may not be a first language.

The OP mentioned a Text about "Amount Due" of which is received a few days ahead of time and is more of a generic reminder and does not give  factual information about the monetary status of your account. And the text may catch a newbie  off guard and not be understood as just a reminder vs a factual notice of payment due. I hope that @ari_akhter can get a better understanding on the text. So just to be PRECISE the AMOUNT DUE that the OP is talking about may change due to rewards between the time of text and the payment date. But in checking the OP has only posted 2 times but is not new to the Community. BUT once again to be PRECISE, for the amount due, on payment date,  the only deductions for that payment would show in a balance, if any and in rewards, if any (and is not reflected in the text).  Anticipation is just that, anticipation = $00.00. 

And I honestly think that the OP missed the options to do an online Top Up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ari_akhter : Payment for next cycle will always be your total plan cost. Amount owing would be Payment for next cycle minus Available Funds. If you go into My Rewards then you'll see the calculations on current anticipated rewards to be converted at renewal...tonight.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page and we can see what you see. Blank out personal info of course.

@LurganIeUk 

What else do you think I meant by "available funds"?

Actual rewards showing can change up to the renewal and are dependant on many factors - referrals dropping off/adding, addition of community rewards, loyalty rewards adding mid cycle, if the OP were to add a payment card and get additional discounts.

Thus my choice to use the word "anticipated" rewards as the number could change mid cycle.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@ari_akhter 

The amount due will be:

total plan amount MINUS your available funds MINUS your anticipated rewards ( which if any, should display under the my reward section)

To that amount add the applicable taxes.

CORRECTION!! 

Just to clarify when you are making a payment due the anticipated (probable but not for sure) rewards will NOT show in your reward section. I don't know why this was mentioned and may be confusing to new customers. 

Your total ACTUAL PLAN amount MINUS your ACTUAL available funds in your BALANCE, MINUS your ACTUAL AVAILABLE rewards SHOWING in your OVERVIEW becomes your ACTUAL AMOUNT DUE. (WHICH, IN SOME CASES, MAY BE LESS THAN YOUR PLAN AMOUNT)!

Did you observe the two choices??

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 10.39.47 AM.png

@ari_akhter 

The amount due will be:

total plan amount MINUS your available funds MINUS your anticipated rewards ( which if any, should display under the my reward section)

To that amount add the applicable taxes.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@ari_akhter wrote:

I got a text saying I need to pay for my plan. I don't know if it's because of the $1 loyalty but when I try to pay for my plan it doesn't show the amount due and so it says "you're account has already enough balance". How can I pay for my plan?

You might want to fully re-read the text!! It may have come to you over 2 bubbles. It is more of a reminder and does not reflect if you owe in full or partially nor does it know your balance. 

If you a trying to pay online:

1. What is your BALANCE vs plan payment required (required amount may be less than your plan amount)?

2. There are two options to top up. 

a. Your owed amount

b. Any amount you wish

ari_akhter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still have service but my plan ends on the 11th unless I renew it. 

I don't use auto-pay, I just prefer not to. But when currently when I tried to pay on the side its says Available funds: $1 but underneath it doesn't say the amount due, and so it won't let me pay for my plan. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ari_akhter wrote:

Hi @ari_akhter call 611 to find out your amount due.  If you have a preregistered credit card on autopay, you can also pay your account there.. you need your PIN# to do this.  

Or you can buy a Public Mobile voucher at Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, mobile gas stations, or even your local convenience store.  Use the PIN# of the voucher to upload it on either self serve or 611.

I hope this helps

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ari_akhter wrote:

@ari_akhter 

Are you without service?

Is your renewal date approaching soon?

Do you not have auto-pay set up to manage payment for you (and also benefit from the $2/cycle auto-pay reward?

You can make a payment the following ways:

Payment Options (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.