cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls and texts don't work

Not_Dan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just switched from Virgin mobile to Public mobile. I have been able to use data and send calls, but I am not receiving calls or messages, nor can i send messages. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Not_Dan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I figured it out. It happens to be that I was in a cellular dead zone. When I received the text, it was already long past the 90 minutes. I just called the agent to restart the number porting(in a better zone). It's all working now. Thanks.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Not_Dan 

Did you reply to the text from Virgin with YES confirming you are porting over to PM with the Virgin SIM in the phone? There will be a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will not be completed.

If you missed to reply to the text, contact the porting team.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781... 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Not_Dan - Please check your Virgin SIM card to see if both are still active. If they are, please call this number I will send you in your Private Messages (Mailbox in the top right corner OR Under your profile picture in the top right corner)

Please check if your Virgin SIM has service

• If it does: You will need to look in your mailbox (Steps are above)
  • If it shows SOS Only / Emergency Calls Only / No Service: Please wait a bit till as there is a new thing that calls and or texts may take an hour to activate.

Also how about receiving SMS / Texts? Do they work?

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Not_Dan it sounds like the number porting process has not completed. How long have you been waiting? If it's been more than a few hours you should contact the CS_agent to see if there is something they can do on their end. 

You can open a ticket through the Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Not_Dan  first restart your phone.  If it doesn't,  sounds like an account setup error. You can use the chatbot or orange bubble to send a message to Public Mobile to fix.

Need Help? Let's chat.