cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an text msg from pm for koodo 5gb plan

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I just received this text does anyone else received it

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxx only. Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at 2206765 ONTARIO INC. and show promo code xxxxxxx You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
168 REPLIES 168

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received a call today from my local Koodo location.

They asked if I received the text; and did I understand it.

Answer:  "Yes and Yes"

Was I interested:  "No"

They didn't seem surprised.

PHT

homer

Haven't received anything... 

No love from Koodo... 

I am on the $90 90-day plan 

@shawnie_boy wrote:

It seems fairly clear that if you were referred and you are on the 4gb promo you will be given the offer to switch. The referrals are probably killing PM. 

That isn't it either (at least not the whole story).  I was not referred and have not referred anyone.  I received the Koodo offer.  This doesn't meant that if you were refered, that it couldn't trigger the offer.  I'm just saying that being refered isn't an absolute requirement.

kid_icarus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't get why everyone is so concerned about not getting this offer. from the sounds of it no one is actually interested in switching anyways and if you were well you're not entitled this round. I've had coworkers receive offers similar to this in the past, while I didn't. You can't force them to send you a text or make you eligible so this discussion is just going around in circles.

Additionally people keep asking what the criteria is....well one... it's Koodo wanting to poach PM customers, so go ask a Koodo rep if you really need to know who's getting it and who isn't and two no one is going to come out and blatantly say what the criteria is so no one here will ever know 100%. We can theorize all day and come up with our best conspiracy guess but It just seems silly to keep asking everyone what the criteria is here non stop!!! It's pages of people asking and asking. We are just a forum of customers and that includes the mods, who I'm sure have more important things to attend to than this discussion. I think the plain and simple answer is going to be we don't know. Did Koodo/PM ever give us details on who was texted for previous offers? No....so give it up. Let's focus on the merits of the plan and whether PM<>Koodo etc... 

shawnie_boy

It seems fairly clear that if you were referred and you are on the 4gb promo you will be given the offer to switch. The referrals are probably killing PM. 

Mosor
I know it's not the case because I am a former Telus customer and my wife is not. We are both on the same plan, the fall 2016 promo. She got the text but I did not. All my referrals, also on the fall 2016 promo, got the text but I did not.

I would just like Public Mobile to state who is being targeted for the Koodo switch over. Because it's highly suspicious to me.

Garry

I was with Koodo for 3 years prior to switching to the fall promo. I gave Koodo the chance to keep my wife and I there (5gb combined was $100/mth+ tax), but they had no interest in making us a competitive offering to keep us from switching to PM. It was the exact same ordeal again as when I left Bell (after 15 years) for Koodo.
As for Koodo wanting me back ..... I'll say the same now as I did back then to Bell >>>>SCREW OFF!!!
My wife and I are on fall promos (8GB combined is $72.50/mth), and I recently switched my elderly neighbor to the $25 talk&text promo (he was with Bell for 25 years). PM is now saving him over $250/year for the exact same service he had with Bell. He now has food in his fridge again! 

PM service and pricing is excellent. We are all extremely happy. GO GO PUBLIC !!! >>>>>Screw off Koodo!!!!!!!

Who knows what the criteria was for getting offerd the $50 Koodo plan.  Koodo isn't going to tell us exactly.

As for the referal talk, I didn't give anyone a referal bonus when I signed up and haven't received any referal rewards.  I am on the 2016 Fall Promo plan, and that seems to be the most common thing.

For all we know, Koodo might be targetting some former Koodo and Telus postpaid customers, knowing full-well that tthey will probably pass the credit check.  And because those customers have been postpaid customers in the past, there's probably a higher likelihood that they would sign up.  I'm sure that's not entirely it either, but it's something to consider. 

hopetindall

@shawnie_boy wrote:

They are probably focusing on people that were referred so they can reduce the referral bonus people are getting. 

I know this sounds conspiratorial, but:

I was referred by my daughter, I got the text

My wife was referred by our daughter, my wife got the text.

My daughter wasn't referred - she didn't get the text.

🙂

All on same $40/4GB plan.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@shawnie_boy

I don't think that is the case. They probably closed their eyes and picked phone numbers. 🙂

shawnie_boy

They are probably focusing on people that were referred so they can reduce the referral bonus people are getting. 

kid_icarus
What phone is even a good deal to move into? That's not a choice if there is no real choice

@Mary_M any clue as to what criteria is?

Some people who max out data seem to not get offer and others who barely use data are getting offer

@Mary_M wrote:

Nope, we're not getting rid of LTE! We're just offering new plans to those who prefer more 3G data at a decreased price 🙂 @shawnie_boy

Michael77

Telus told MobileSyrup: “We know that there are some Public Mobile customers who may be interested in moving over to a post-paid plan and getting their hands on new devices so this promotion is all about giving our customers more choices. Public Mobile is not going anywhere.”

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/15/public-mobile-koodo-offer-50-5gb-promotion/

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-50-5gb-plan-koodo/

shawnie_boy

@srlawren wrote:

@jpar wrote:

I hope more than anything PM continues to honor grandfathered pricing for current customers.

@jpar there are no plans for that to change in the forseeable future

agreed, I'm sure they would do some sort of forced migration to koodo if that were the case since PM isn't about to piss off 85% of their customers unless they were going under. 

Michael77

I did not receive a text message either.  I have no idea what the criteria is to receive a text? Perhaps the moderators know?  I would think that Koodo would tell them since they are going to take some of their customers away. 

@CS_Agent  

jawkneej
Only way I'd consider this offer would be if koodo credited my account for the 3months I just paid 128.82. Otherwise I'm paying an extra 291.54 over the next 12 months. For an extra gig of data and Canada wide calling. No thanks! 🤗

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Lol I didn't reciece any text as of yet. 😞

Mosor
What is the criteria for receiving it? Everyone I referred are getting the text, while I am not. We are all on the same plan, joined at the same time, live in the same area. Heck, my wife got it. But I have not received it.
Seems like a shameless way to get customers to lose referral rewards.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jpar wrote:

I hope more than anything PM continues to honor grandfathered pricing for current customers.

@jpar there are no plans for that to change in the forseeable future

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jpar

@Mary_M wrote:

we are not being phased out, rest assured 🙂 PM is stronger than ever!

Cheers everyone,

Mary

kid_icarus

the ultimate sweetener would be if they offered a good phone at least a previous year flaghsip phone for $0 and no tab. 

If that were the case i'd consider the switch, but at this point even moving to get a phone with a medium tab is still way too much money.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Nope, we're not getting rid of LTE! We're just offering new plans to those who prefer more 3G data at a decreased price 🙂 @shawnie_boy

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

shawnie_boy

@Mary_M wrote:

Cheers everyone,

Mary

ok lets not used phased out. Is PM going to get rid of LTE and go 3g only?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Cheers everyone,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

shawnie_boy

@Luddite wrote:

@jpar wrote:

No offer here.

Hope this doesn't mean PM is being phased out...

If PM were being phased out Telus would simply move everyone to Koodo.

This may be the beginning of that

@jpar wrote:

No offer here.

If PM were being phased out Telus would simply move everyone to Koodo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shawnie_boy

PM is being phased to 3g only. I am quite confident about this. How long it will take I don't know but eventually we will all be on Koodo or forced to switch to 3g.

@Michael77 wrote:
I would like to know the real reason PM and Koodo are offering this plan? Does Telus want to get rid of the people on the Fall and FM promotion?

@Michael77 More likely Telus just wants folks to pay a bit more. PM certainly does not want customers to migrate. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jpar

No offer here.

Need Help? Let's chat.