cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an text msg from pm for koodo 5gb plan

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I just received this text does anyone else received it

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxx only. Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at 2206765 ONTARIO INC. and show promo code xxxxxxx You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
168 REPLIES 168

@Luddite technically yes but be very careful

Cancelling within 90 days can have issues & extra charges (its buried in terms of service)

@Luddite wrote:

@Aiden Since the "subsidy" is up front you can always sign up with a Koodo tab on their cheapest plan and leave by paying off the tab immediately.

@Aiden Since the "subsidy" is up front you can always sign up with a Koodo tab on their cheapest plan and leave by paying off the tab immediately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kid_icarus its legit and a rather attractive plan as well (people used to commit rampant fraud over at Koodo to sign up for the $48 / 5GB SK plans before system was fixed. Now same story in PQ)

Drawbacks are loss of rewards

Needing credit check

Overage charges (since Public plans are 90 days less likely to use up data + prepay so no overage)

Positives are Tab to get a phone

Canada wide long distance

Call centre support when you need it

Stores when needed (upgrade, replacement, etc)

Oh and remeber this offer is STACKABLE so anyone who does port over gets first month of service for FREE!

@hopetindall As always the key is your usage pattern. If you regularly need 5 GB/month then it's likely worth it. Otherwise you pay more with no gain.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just signed up for the Freedom transfer plan. Did anyone else get this from then? Or are they just focusing on trying to move over the fall promo folks. 

Personally I want to get an iphone 8 so if they offered this up with the large tab I could possibly be enticed but otherwise no way. 

edit: actually scratch that, Koodo doesn't offer any deals for iphones. 

@vinmatrix wrote:

I got the same text. It's very tempting.

Does anybody have more details on this Koodo plan and which phones are included?

Also , I have already prepaid for the next 3 months, what happens to my unused balance?

Wish they had roam like home, i would jump without hestitation

Thanks

@vinmatrix Prepaid amounts are lost when migrating to another carrier.

@shawnie_boy my account went active in Nov so lots of new clients are getting it

I kinda wish we had some idea what criteria was (my father in law would be far more likely to take them up on this than I would... I might just try it to see what store says)

@kid_icarus I moved your post to this already existing topic regarding the koodo offer. 

Agrees with @kav2001
I called koodo shop near by she said you can only go with medium tab on this promo for larger tab your plan have to have minimum 75 dollar plan.
And yes you can go any koodo location with 2 pieces of id
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

kid_icarus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me! I just got a text from "5133"

It reads as follows:

"Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an addition $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo Monthly bill. Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab!.....Offer only valid for xxx-xxx-xxxx (my phone number). Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo Location at MASTERCOM.INC and show your promo code KOODO505GB, you're included on the list blah blah blah"

Can anyone comment on the validity of this deal and has anyone else also received a similar offer? Everything seems legit but curious if there are any catches or smoke and mirrors/bait and switch I should be worried about? Also what is a mastercom.inc location? Is that simply a Koodo booth? A bit confused on that. I know that Koodo/Telus/Public are all the same. Additionally I'm going to lose my prepay/referral/loyalty bonuses but the extra GB and nationwide might be worth it if I can get a $0 phone.

Hopefully someone can help.

@vinmatrix any Koodo store can do it

All they have done is send you the link to closest location 

My TXT says go to Erin MIlls Town Centre

So long as you quote promo code Koodo505GB you are good to go

@vinmatrix wrote:

Guys,

Do I have to go to the location provided with the text? I am not sure where the location is.. it states GATTO BROS INC.... any idea?

Thanks

It's a good offer if someone not on falls promo or freedom promo. I don't see any benefits. Why would I move if I am paying 57 bucks for 90 days. Lol

Assuming you pass credit check can even do Tab Large (which is quite impressive, even the $49/6GB plan is only Tab Medium)

So you can take a good phone (S7 / S8, iPhone, etc) with really good price

Koodo has better roaming options than Public from what I remember (and much better long distance plans)

@vinmatrix wrote:

I got the same text. It's very tempting.

Does anybody have more details on this Koodo plan and which phones are included?

Also , I have already prepaid for the next 3 months, what happens to my unused balance?

Wish they had roam like home, i would jump without hestitation

Thanks

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At $50 month, that likely puts this plan in the Tab Medium bracket.

It looks like they are only going for 12GB LTE people. What bugs me is, why can't PM offer Cda wide for this price? Leave the data bucket as is.  Or WHY can't Koodo offer this to everyone. I know people not on PM who would jump all over this.

For me, with my rewards, I will be staying put, but I have not received anything as of yet. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Samianauman yup I got exact same thing

Was coming online to ask if others saw it or if it was targeted to those who complained

I admit I am a tad nervous since this is what happend last time and those who refused the Koodo migration on other plans suddenly got a price hike

Also has every person who received this offer been on the $40/4GB plan?

(Its kinda funny because I was discussing with @Luddite in the other thread how I thought the promo was far too successful at canabalising Koodo subscribers and Public was in an akward place now hence current promos)

This also is a very unsubtle way to wipe out referal rewards

If even 10% of the targeted users migrate over, it saves Public alot in monthly discounts

hopetindall

my wife (also on 4Gb/$40-$2=$38 Fall 2016 promotion) also received the offer.

Realistically - it doesn't make sense for either of us to switch to Koodo.

Neither of us use our full data.

She spends $38/month after discount on PM.

I spend $34/month after discounts on PM.

We love PM prepaid simplicity and aversion to getting into debt as with postpaid service.

We like the prepaid roaming options (don't work for everyone; but they work for us).

PHT

PHT

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It really depends on your needs, it could be worth it.

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I just got the offer today. Is it worth it?

shawnie_boy

I have not received a text. Probably because I recently signed up with the 40/4gb offer. I find this very interesting though. Almost like PM wants to move people over because they feel they screwed themselves by offering too many the 4gb plan. If I wanted to move to Koodo, I would just get the 6gb for 49 through a quebec number and port back like most are doing. This offer is unfortunately not great.  What Phones can you get for $0 on this? I can only see benefit to maybe get a new phone and sell it off. 

raychua
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I interpreted the text message rather negatively. It came across as misleading and sounded like an authorized PM reseller was collecting private phone numbers and texting that Koodo has an exclusive offer with promo code. If it was a legitimate upsell promotion by Telus, I think they misfired on how it was communicated. It's also presumptuous to think I have the $40 plan.

Realistically,  there's no way Koodo can match PM on the rewards component along with the $38 LTE 4GB deal unless you need that much more data (1 GB more) and nationwide calling.

Elise_H
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure what happened there, but you can redeem the offer at any Koodo shop or dealer location. https://www.koodomobile.com/find-nearest-store 🙂

jeffster1970

@Samianauman wrote:
Not moving for sure. I just called koodo
Even if I get iPhone se that's extra 15 bucks per months. I m sticking with pm. Like my community work and rewards.

Yeah, just with me spending a little time on the PM community I have already accumulated $8 in community rewards to my next bill, plus $6 autopay and assuming August will be another good month, I should have an $18 discount off of my $120, so basically $102 plus tax, vs $150 plus tax for an extra GB and nationwide calling.  Not sure it's worth the move.  If Koodo had offered this deal to Freedom account holders, I may have jumped at it, but that wasn't the case. 

That said, I have not received a text, so, really, nothing for me to really think about. 

Not moving for sure. I just called koodo
Even if I get iPhone se that's extra 15 bucks per months. I m sticking with pm. Like my community work and rewards.

cricketfan
@Aiden, that's the catch, new customers aren't getting this deal, onlythose who are on the 4gb $120 promo plan

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Didn't get the text here, but unless Koodo has rewards comparable to PM's, I wouldn't take that deal for more than $40ish, since I barely use a third of the data I have now.  Nationwide calling is nice, but not worth paying an extra $15+/month, especially when PM has 400 min add-ons for $15, or there's fongo.

cricketfan
Not that pm can't, but koodo/fido/virgin are prone to increasing their off contract prices on a whim.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Samianauman wrote:
@Jeremy_M
Thanks for updating us.
But it's optional right. I mean pm still have a long term future right. I am more then happy here instead of koodo.
Also 2206765 Ontario inc where is that location.

It's optional, not sure where the location is, but any Koodo dealer would be able to help you redeem the offer.

PM will still have a long term future!

Jeremy

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

lets face it folks, this is a great deal for those that recently joined

its 5gb for $50 with nationwide and subsidized phone

it's not that great for the fall 2016 promo folks for $38/month on autopay and any additional community/referral/loyalty rewards

if we keep comparing our fall 2016 promo to new promos in market now, new promos will never be as good but we do compare to give new customers context 

if i was a new PM customer, i would jump on this koodo plan, it certainly is better than the new 3G PM plans on a price to offering point of view

hopetindall

@Jeremy_M wrote:
@Samianauman thank you for sharing!

We do have a promotion going on with our sister brand Koodo, and some of you might receive the exact same offer posted above. 

Cheers,

Jeremy

Thanks @Jeremy_M 

It does indeed appear at least to be trying to migrate a folks from PM to Koodo.

I'm also a $40/4GB 2016 promo customer.

Not sure it's worth it for me. 

xoy74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine said Gatto Bros Inc. but others have posted different locations. I guess they try to send you to a location (more or less) close to you

Need Help? Let's chat.