cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating suspended account after being away overseas (urgent)

ewoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I read on a previous topic that if you will be on vacation for an extended amount of time and don't want to pay for your plan while you're away, you can suspend your account, and reactivate it within 90 days to keep your number and plan. 

I last paid for my 90 day plan on Feb 16, 2017, which should have lasted me until May 16. I assumed the 90 day suspension period would then start on May 16, thus deactivating on August 16.  However, I received an email today that my plan has been cancelled, and my account status says that my account deactivation date was June 16, 2017. Can I still hold onto my phone number and plan if I either pay ASAP, or before August 16? 

Thanks,

Erica

10 REPLIES 10

@stonechucker wrote:

Why do you need to reinvent the wheel?  @Luddite has linked a great resource already.

Actually, if this isn’t what Luddite created prior to terrific promo plans, and prior to the deletion of the 10-Day plans, it’s already been stolen!

I have found bits and pieces here and there but I have not found a complete resource that addresses all the issues in one place, and NONE address the self-serve options. So, if this repeat, I have not found it anywhere.

@jp2 wrote:

This thread is an old I'm sure they have figured it out by now

I posted here because this is one of the very few threads I found on the topic. So, if anyone else is looking for info, and they come across this thread, they can find the resource I created.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This thread is an old I'm sure they have figured it out by now

Why do you need to reinvent the wheel?  @Luddite has linked a great resource already.

Actually, if this isn’t what Luddite created prior to terrific promo plans, and prior to the deletion of the 10-Day plans, it’s already been stolen!

For a complete and up-to-date explanation, read the following:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ewoo please note that @Luddite has given you 100% correct info.  That's a known bug, one of several the community would love to see squashed sooner than later, yet we continue to wait. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ewoo No need for the moderators. Check out the solution from a moderator in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Need-help-regarding-account-deactivation/m...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ewoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies. I have PM'd my message to a moderator, so hopefully they can clear it up for me.

@ewoo That message is a bug. Your termination date is 180 days from Feb 16. BUT if you miss by a day the account AND phone number are deleted; and cannot be recovered. More info: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ewoo, sorry to hear you are having some issues reactivating your account you should send a private message to a MOD ASAP.  Here is where you can find out to do that https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

They will need your email address and your PM phone number.

Hopefully they will get this cleared up quickly

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.