cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Samsung Galaxy S20 - details on compatibility with PM?

Mattnic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will Samsung s20 5g T-Mobile version unlocked work with public mobile ?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being a 5G capable phone make sure you don't have 5G as your network type. Set it to start at 4G LTE or even 3G WCDMA UMTS HSPA.

@Mattnic wrote:

I have tried all of these and I've tried my phone in at least 30 other devices and it works normal.

If it were locked you would think a network code box would appear when I insert another sim.

However it only says searching. I wonder if the phone my have network connection issues .

Yes: An android phone would defiinitely ask for an unlock code if the phone were still locked to T-Mobile.  Even if the device was blocked out from unlocking incorrect codes being entered, you'd still be prompted for the master unlock code.

Mattnic

I have tried all of these and I've tried my phone in at least 30 other devices and it works normal.

If it were locked you would think a network code box would appear when I insert another sim.

However it only says searching. I wonder if the phone my have network connection issues .

@Mattnic 

A couple of things to try.....

1. Try your sim in another phone.
  2. Check for network outages in your area.
  3. Toggle airplane mode on/off. You may need a new connection to the network.
  4. Reset your network settings.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mattnic : Try power off phone with SIM in it then turn on again, maybe that will help.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mattnic 

You had posted 3 weeks ago in a different thread. Have you tried to reseat the sim in the phone. If the sim is loose, maybe shim up with a sliver of paper.

@Mattnic wrote:

Hello,

I have a Samsung s20 T-Mobile unlocked 

I can't connect to cellular. It just says searching. 

This phone is compatible. Have you tried your SIM card in another device?

Mattnic

Hello,

I have a Samsung s20 T-Mobile unlocked 

I can't connect to cellular. It just says searching. 

Model number sm-g981u

IMEI xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please help thank you.

edited by computergeek541: IMEI removed as it can be used to port a number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattnic wrote:

Already did try it , it's not working. I replaced the charger port so I'm wondering if that did it. It was broken when I got it, but it's a sm-g981u

@Mattnic 

That certainly should work. Are you getting any messages from the phone when you put the SIM in? You did activate an account right?

Mattnic

Already did try it , it's not working. I replaced the charger port so I'm wondering if that did it. It was broken when I got it, but it's a sm-g981u

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mattnic wrote:

Yup, it should.

If you know anyone on Public Mobile, you could always try their SIM in it first to make sure all call/text functions work.   Then, you'd be sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattnic wrote:

@Mattnic : T-Mobile is a roaming partner with Public Mobile so about certainly. Post the whole model number and we can confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.