Did you mean: 

Re: Public mobile is a thief

Joewillier
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Confused I don’t know how to use this site . It’s very frustrating 

13 REPLIES 13

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh i get it, @srlawren , thanks for the explanation.

I still feel that a customer, frustrated or not, should clarify when they use such language.

If they, @Joewillier , feels public mobile is a thief, tell us why.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spudster wrote:

@Joewillier

Why is Public Mobile a thief?

What might prompt such a comment -- if you want help on this community forum, you're gonna have to be more specific than that.

@Spudster I think what happened is that @Joewillier must have replied to an existing thread where someone else was blaming PM for something (I forget the details now) with an unrelated issue.  When that happens, a lot of times one of the oracles (or retired oracles like myself) will come along and "move" that unrelated reply out of the original thread and into one of it's own, because it really should have been posted as a new thread.  One tell-tale sign of this happening is that the subject on the very first post in this thread starts with "Re:", which you normally see on subsequent replies.  

With that in mind, I don't think Joe meant to accuse PM of theft; they were just a little confused about the community.  We see this fairly regularly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Spudster

Yes, @gauravtuli , but customer's not getting rich off it.

Spend hours a month, get $10.   Spend a few more, MAYBE get to $15 if you're one of the lucky few.

It's the cheapest labour Public Mobile is gonna ever get to manage it's customer's inquiries.

gauravtuli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's pretty easy, they are rewardinf fans and users to help other users and that's great! This is something that every brand should do!

Jodes79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I totally understand the frustration, but once you get the hang of this system, you'll find it really great. It's kind of nice to not have to wait forever to talk to someone on the phone about an issue that only takes a second to rectify. 

@Joewillier

Hey Joe! Welcome to public mobile! More importantly, welcome to the community! We're happy you finally found us. We're here to help you. ! Don't worry we have all been in your shoes....well almost everyone there a few that seem like they've always been here.....we call them oracles. They have long white hair and beards, wear white robes and carry a staff. Wizened eyes with bushy eyebrows and speak with a voice of authority reminiscint of Ian :McKellan.....no wait a minute that's Lord of the Rings....Oops sorry! I got confused!

No seriously we're here to help. Ask any question. We will explain how things work. Help you save money. Tell you how to save your data. Teach you about your phone. Listen to you rant. Share a laugh. All you have to do is hang out, read, post, comment, bravo, try and you will be rewarded. If not with a community reward then with new found knowledge, confidence and friendship.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Joewillier Just login your self service account and find if your have data listed there. What plan are you in? Do you have Autopay enabled? Make sure your forbid the apps on your phone to be updated via mobile data. Let them do that only via WiFi.

Spudster

@Joewillier

Why is Public Mobile a thief?

What might prompt such a comment -- if you want help on this community forum, you're gonna have to be more specific than that.

@Joewillier wrote:

It’s all confusing that’s why I never come on

You're doing just fine. If you need help...just let us know. There's always someone here to help.

Joewillier

It’s all confusing that’s why I never come on

@Joewillier....

log into your account and look at My Data and Add-ons. If you have any data, it'll show up there. If there's no mention of data...then you've used it all up until next renewal.

Joewillier

I’m trying to figure out right now , seems my phone outa data

Need Help? Let's chat.