cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Service - Random phone #s

gminkwak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, this just happened to me around 7~7:30pm EST! I thought it was network outage but my SIM # is different from mine so I blocked my number now. I'm going to message the Mods as well to find out what happened.

On a different note, I got several email saying that my Paypal password has been changed (when I clearly didn't) so I had to change my password and active 2FA. What is going on today 😕

7 REPLIES 7

tdc774

OP here from another thread, same issue. Turns out the SIMs didn't match so I did deactived the SIM through my account. I PMed the mods but got no response yet. How do I open a ticket? Thanks. 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gminkwak Sounds like your sim might have been compromised. I would change passwords for whatever you have set on your phone and possibly get an extra sim card as backup for the future

gminkwak

oh no worries, I always keep them different and for really important ones I don't even save them on password manager in case that gets compromised too

@gminkwak  I good practice would be to use different strong passwords for each site. Using the same password for multiple sites is a very bad idea.

gminkwak

yeah, I figured that's what happened. I'm going to change all password for my critical websites like google, banking, etc.

thanks!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@gminkwak wrote:

Hey, this just happened to me around 7~7:30pm EST! I thought it was network outage but my SIM # is different from mine so I blocked my number now. I'm going to message the Mods as well to find out what happened.

On a different note, I got several email saying that my Paypal password has been changed (when I clearly didn't) so I had to change my password and active 2FA. What is going on today 😕

You have been sim jacked. Put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the email/username password. Secure and check  all your financial accounts and change the passwords even on your email accounts. Contact moderators and they will assist you to restore your account.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@gminkwak wrote:

also change password and security question right way.

Need Help? Let's chat.