cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a land line in my name to a new PM account in my wife's name

jriihimaki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I have a land line with Vonage.  The Vonage account is in my name.   We would like to open a new Public Mobile account in my Wife's name and transfer the land line phone number over.  Looking here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

it says "Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number".   This is my question - When my wife opens the Public Mobile account and provide details on the land line to be transferred will I have a means to provide authorization to complete this transfer?  If so, what form would that take?  Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jriihimaki :Now that you've gotten the answer to your porting question you should choose one of the above replies as your accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button on the post that helped you most, the accepted solution button will appear on any post so make make you only click it on the one post that helped you most - doing so will help others in future who have same question as you did.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jriihimaki wrote:

My wife and I have a land line with Vonage.  The Vonage account is in my name.   We would like to open a new Public Mobile account in my Wife's name and transfer the land line phone number over.  Looking here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

it says "Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number".   This is my question - When my wife opens the Public Mobile account and provide details on the land line to be transferred will I have a means to provide authorization to complete this transfer?  If so, what form would that take?  Thanks in advance!

@jriihimaki ,

I ported into Public Mobile with from a Bell landline, it went really smoothly.

• Porting a landline can take up to 7 days to complete (but usually less).

• Incoming calls are the last to port over, so expect calls coming to your landline even though you can make calls and texts with your cell phone.

• Do not cancel your landline until port is complete. When calls start coming to your cell this is a good indicator that the port is complete.

• You need to activate with the Vonage info. (name/account/etc) to port; but you can change your name to whatever you what once you have access to your Public Mobile Self Serve account.

jriihimaki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your replies!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jriihimaki here is what what is required to transfer a landline to Public Mobile

landline transfer info needed.png

You can transfer your landline to Public Mobile and use your wife's name, your credit card info, even your email address.  

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jriihimaki 

I think Public Mobile uses this terminology to ensure you're not attempting to take over another person's number by initiating a port of it to a Public Mobile service.

Lot's of folks have activated accounts for other people (family members, kids, etc) in their names or fake names, porting their old service provider numbers over to Public Mobile.   Most of the time, there wasn't even a port authorization request to enable the port - the number just ported over after identifying the phone number and account number of the prior service provider.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jriihimaki Name doesn't matter as long as you can provide PM with all the information from your landline account, account number, names, etc.

As porting from landline takes couple days, as many as 3-7 days, I suggest you to activate a new line with new number first and request porting with Mod after

Please remember to monitor your email after you submitted the Port request, PM might asks more questions to complete the request after the initial request, they usually use email or text to communicate with you if they need more things from you.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Name doesn't matter in PM (can be any) and when you port number, you'll just need to provide required info for that landline. I haven't done porting from Landline bud I assume it is similar to porting Mobile Line. So you could port it and have your wife's name in PM, or she can port it and just use info that's needed for porting. 

Maybe some other members know what's needed for Landline port. For Mobile it was only provider, account number and phone number if I remember correctly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.