cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

jayncee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,  I purchased had a very helpful clerk at London Drugs activate my new account online at the store this evening only to get home and realise he had entered my email incorrectly ( he entered .ca when it should be .com) I have set up the Self-Serve using my correct email and completed the Community Registration using my correct email. Will the incorrect email that the clerk entered effect my account? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

44 REPLIES 44

@jayncee the link provided to you was removed by public mobile. follow these instructions

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "locked out of self serve"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayncee wrote:

No I didn't try forgot password as I'd already just gone ahead and entered my correct email. maybe I will give it a try. 

You don't need to finish it if you get the email. It's just to see if you do get it.

Edit: and write down your self-serve username/password. Your account PIN that should have been texted to you. And this community username/password.

jayncee

No I didn't try forgot password as I'd already just gone ahead and entered my correct email. maybe I will give it a try. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayncee wrote:

thank you. I will try but this link currently just keeps saying error?

Maybe try a different browser or incognito/privacy mode. It's just to test. You can still verify with the mods if you like.

jayncee

thank you. I will try but this link currently just keeps saying error?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jayncee 

Did you get a welcome email to the correct inbox?

A test you could do would be to try the Forgot your password? link. If it comes to the right place then I think you're good. Although it doesn't work 100% for everybody.

That interesting that self serve account was created using a different e-mail address. I just assumed that it was done using wrong e-mail adddress. I would have thought that system wouldn't have allowed it.

I've never done a store activation so I was curious too from him saying he did all the account set up. That's why I asked about the test.

@jayncee : you'll get the odd marketing email and Telus health and whatnot.

Edit: so did you try the forgot your password? That would verify that your account is all fine. But always safe to confirm with the mods.

jayncee

Well then it shouldn't effect me as long as I get texts and I'm registered with the correct email to access my account details. thanx

@jayncee wrote:

Hi, yes I was surprised myself. Does public send emails monthly when your payment has been made ?

No, they don't.  Don't be suprised if you never get any e-mail messages from Public Moible other than a survey in a few weeks after activation.

jayncee

Hi, yes I was surprised myself. Does public send emails monthly when your payment has been made ?

@jayncee wrote:

Hi, yes I have now. Just hope any payment notification get sent to the wrong email. 

There aren't any payment notification e-mail messages. Those are all by text message. Public Mobile rarely sends any e-mail messages to customers.

jayncee

Hi, yes I have now. Just hope any payment notification get sent to the wrong email. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@jayncee 

A test you could do would be to try the Forgot your password? link. If it comes to the right place then I think you're good. Although it doesn't work 100% for everybody.

That interesting that self serve account was created using a different e-mail address. I just assumed that it was done using wrong e-mail adddress. I would have thought that system wouldn't have allowed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayncee 

@jayncee wrote:

Hi there,  I purchased had a very helpful clerk at London Drugs activate my new account online at the store this evening only to get home and realise he had entered my email incorrectly ( he entered .ca when it should be .com) I have set up the Self-Serve using my correct email and completed the Community Registration using my correct email. Will the incorrect email that the clerk entered effect my account? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

An incorrect e-mail address won't prevent you from using your service, but you'll want to get this corrected, especially if the incorrect e-mail address could be valid.  The only way to properly change the e-mail address for your self serve account is to open a ticket with the moderators. That can be done by going to:  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

Need Help? Let's chat.