cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Inactive service

behsad1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

please someone helm me for solving my connection problem. My SIM card is in NO SERVICE for 25 days and no one helping me, what should Ido?

where is customer service?

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

37 REPLIES 37

@AE_Collector 

If in conclusion the OP was able to determine that your answer summed up the entire thread then I think @behsad1 choice is appropriate. It does come down just changing the sim card.  A solutkon couldn't be given to a nicer guy!

Sadder still is that after reprovisioning and resetting the account the first time the moderators did not recognize that the sim card needed to be replaced. That would have solved the problem much quicker for  @behsad1  and prevented the extra stress and frustration. I'm happy to hear the pr(oblem has though finally been fixed.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@behsad1 

I appreciate your choosing my post as the “Solution” for your question but going over the discussion start to finish brings me to the conclusion that there were many other responses that really should have been your solution, not mine. Posts, Bravos and Solutions are all pretty competitive around here as they couldn’t towards ones Community Reward each month which is the reason that a question or problem posted here in the Community gets such a quick response from many helpful members. In my case I just tagged on some thoughts at the very end of the discussion. It is possible to change your choice of solutions by clicking the three dots upper right corner of your initial post.

AE_Collector

@behsad1 

Not that I want you to leave PM, it is best to get the problem fixed. But...there is actually nothing preventing you from porting your number to another provider. The problem is not tied to your actual number. If you went online at Public Mobile and did a number change you would still have the exact same problem as you have now because it isn’t related to your actual telephone number.

Hopefully a replacement SIM card will fix the problem per @darlicious suggestion. I had a Telus SIM card go bad years ago but cant recall exactly what the symptoms were now. Once you get it log in to Self Serve and find the Change SIM function. Do NOT start a new account.

AE_Collector

@behsad1 

It should. When this issue occurs every once in awhile and the member is convinced the sim card is a dud we always tell them to contact the moderators first to reprovision the sim card. About 50% of the time that works. The other 50% of the time they have to replace the sim card. Reprovisioning hasnt worked so the only other solution is replacing the sim card.

behsad1

@darlicious 

Ok. Thanks. I will do it. I hope it solves my problem.

@behsad1 

Its very easy just log into your account. On the right hand side of your overview page you will see change sim card. Go to that page and enter the new sim card. Log out. Power off hour phone. Change sim cards. Reboot phone and your services should be working again.

Canadian Cell Supplies has pm sim cards for $1.99 online right now. I"m not sure if the pick up price is the same but you can ask.... locations in North York, Oakville and pick up service in Mississauga. Online shipping in the same city with Canada post can't be more than 2 days. (At that price I would order 2....never hurts to have a spare!)

behsad1

@darlicious 

Thank you. I'm in Toronto. 

May I transfer my number to the new SIM card?

@behsad1 

Moderator response up until 3 or 4 days ago was a couple of hours. The last few days however has been much longer. If you have access to purchase a new sim card I would do that and worry about moderator contact in a few days when response times are better.

If you are in Vancouver I could even help you with a new sim card....however you acquire it you can change your sim card in your account and that should solve your service issues.

behsad1

@darlicious 

The main problem is that PM doesn't respond to my message that I can ask them something!

@behsad1 

Sorry about the phone not compatible thing  i didnt think you had service previously. If reprovisioning and resetting your account didnt work then the problem is solely the sim card. Although very rare a sim card can "die"so to speak. It was probably already defective to begin with. 

I realize you are already contemplating changing providers so the last thing you want to do is spend more money but you need to replace  your sim card. Given the current promotions I would ask for a credit equal to the cost of the sim card and one months service. They should want to keep your custom rather than lose it and if you were a new customer you would be getting a free "month" and 5gb of data for buying that sim card.

behsad1

@Dunkman 

I responded back about 6 hours ago. I have not got any response yet.

I would like to transfer my number to another provider, but I can't because of its issues.

behsad1

I responded back about 6 hours ago. I have not got any response yet.

I would like to transfer my number to another provider, but I can't because of its issues.

@behsad1 

Just respond back that you have tried their suggestions and nothing is working still.  Your account needs to be fixed at Public mobile end.  Frustrating for sure. 

behsad1

@Dunkman 

Today I got This message:

Hi behsad1,   We apologize for our delay. We are experiencing a huge amount of ticket in this period   I refreshed your services. Reset the network settings on General Management, turn off the cellphone, remove the SIM card from your phone, wait for 2 minutes, then, insert it back-in and test the services.   We are waiting for your answer! Marius PM MOD TEAM

It's the second time which I got this message during these days. But the solution didn't work and my problem has not solved yet.

@behsad1 wrote:

@Dunkman 

I tried the second one, it didn't work.

@behsad1 

Any response from moderator yet?  Hopefully, service team has fixed your account

behsad1

@Dunkman 

I tried the second one, it didn't work.

@behsad1 

@behsad1 wrote:

@Dunkman 

This is the last response on Monday and I didn't get any response, although I sent my request more time and even other tickets during these days:

Hey @behsad1,   I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, we`re doing the best we can to help you! I have contacted my support team to ask them to speed up the process but given the high volume of calls, it may take longer than usual to get a solution.    Oana

I think PM should respond to my request for solving the problem after 10 days! I don't believe how they don't feel any responsibility for the problem of their customers. I can't transfer my number to another provider too with these problems! So, I don't do anything, including calls, messaging, receiving verification code from the bank, my insurance company...

Wow, that is unusual.  The service team may be backed up too much.  Not an excuse though.  They should at least up date you from Monday.  Might want to respond back with another private message.  

Here is a couple of account tricks that we use to try when moderator response was too long. 

1. Manually load $1 into your account.  Sometimes that triggers a reset in your account

2. Try the lost/stolen phone trick.  In your self service account, report your phone lost/stolen. Logout.  Wait a few minutes.  Login and report your phone found.  

I don't know if these tricks will help, but it might be worth trying. 

behsad1

@Dunkman 

This is the last response on Monday and I didn't get any response, although I sent my request more time and even other tickets during these days:

Hey @behsad1,   I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, we`re doing the best we can to help you! I have contacted my support team to ask them to speed up the process but given the high volume of calls, it may take longer than usual to get a solution.    Oana

I think PM should respond to my request for solving the problem after 10 days! I don't believe how they don't feel any responsibility for the problem of their customers. I can't transfer my number to another provider too with these problems! So, I don't do anything, including calls, messaging, receiving verification code from the bank, my insurance company...

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Assuming it is Canadian version of Moto E4, it should work on PM.

• Networks: GSM CDMA WCDMA TDD FDD: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA B2 (1900)/ B5 (850); CDMA BC0 (850) BC1 (1900) BC10 (850+); LTE LTE: B2 (1900) B4 (1700/2100) B5 (850) B13 (upper700) 

https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-XT1767PP-5-0-inch-Unlocked-Packaging/dp/B074LXZ59Z

@behsad1 wrote:

@Dunkman 

But they have not solved the problem yet!

@behsad1 

Unfortunately, sometimes things take more time to fix with Public mobile.  What was the last response from Public mobile moderator?  Moderators are actual PM employees that can fix account issues.  Community members like ourselves are just customers who try to help others.  

behsad1

@Dunkman 

But they have not solved the problem yet!

behsad1

@Dunkman 

Yes, I got a private message from the moderator.

@behsad1 

@behsad1 wrote:

@Mayor / Maire

My phone, including call and text and data, worked for 4 months.

I don't think my phone has a problem.

I put the SIM card into other phones too. It doesn't work.

I have a problem with call and text now. Not with data.

If the SIM card does not work in other phones, that means it is potentially a PM Service issue.  Especially, if it worked for the last 4 months with PM.  I think that you will still need to contact moderator to see if account provision issue.  If you have not gotten a private message from moderator in last 24-36 hours, I would contact them back.  

behsad1

@Mayor / Maire

My phone, including call and text and data, worked for 4 months.

I don't think my phone has a problem.

I put the SIM card into other phones too. It doesn't work.

I have a problem with call and text now. Not with data.

@behsad1 

I have some bad news for you....your phone is only compatible with one band (4) which is why you are getting data (4G LTE). I suggest you download textnow and fongo for calling.  Then look for a new phone.....

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/q7G4SYj/motorola-moto-e4-xlte-xt1767pp/public-m...

@behsad1 

Hi I've just saw your post let me look into your phone.....did  your calls or texts ever work? The data on your phone has worked on both mobile and wifi?

BTW...if you click the :"@" key that will bring up a box with usernames so you can tag them. (FYI)

behsad1

Android (Moto E4)

behsad1

Only my data works.

Call and text don't work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@behsad1 - what type of phone do you have?

And did your services ever work?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

sorry, what I wrote was already answered above.

Need Help? Let's chat.