cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to port your number to Public Mobile

cecelia777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just ported my wind number to my new PM account its been more then 24 hours and its still not working. Any chance you can check out my account and see if everything has been ported correctly?

5 REPLIES 5

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @cecelia777

I have received a request regarding your port from Wind. However, I will need your current PM phone number in order to access your account. 

Please send it to me via private message 🙂

Cheers!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cecelia777, when you intend to port your number away, you must never cancel the account with previous carrier.  That could cause the port request to fail.  The port request itself leads to the previous carrier's account being cancelled automatically.  

Good news is that, Wind is prepaid carrier just like PM, so you can't reall cancel in the middle of your plan cycle.  So this has not interfered with your request.

Sign into your Wind account and write down your account number again, then submit the account number, PIN and your wind number for port request to the moderators.  

For future reference, never manually close an account when transferring a number. Once the port in has completed your previous account is terminated automatically.

In this case, Sep 10 should be more than enough time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cecelia777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After i applied for the port with PM, i cancelled my service with Wind - My Wind account is still active until the 10th of sept since i paid up to then.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @cecelia777!

It should not have taken that long.  Something went wrong with your port request.

Most commonly, it could be a slight error in the account number, phone number or PIN you submitted.  Occasionally, it could be because the Wind account in your situation is not active.. as in plan expired.

I will alert our super helpful moderators to follow up with you on this and most likely re-submit the port request on your behalf.  @Shazia_K @Mary_M.

Please give them the info they need via private message asap and they will take care of this.  

Need Help? Let's chat.