cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Charged twice on credit card

DMCTWL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Joined PM on Jan 26, 2023. Got the $40 (plus tax) monthly plan. Credit card charged (and posted) twice for $45.20 (not pending). How can I get this corrected?

Sorry, I am new to this...might have posted twice

24 REPLIES 24

DMCTWL

Yes, you are right. It must have been a porting problem. I don't remember the error #. Also could not try again immediately after even using different browsers. .. didn't realize they had a lock. Anyway, was successful activating about 4 hours later and also instead of using my IMEI device #, I entered the my account # from the previous carrier...then success...phew.😥

@DMCTWL was that an error 821 or error 837??   If so, that has to do with problem with porting info. provided

PM used to have an hour sim lock and make sure no activation allowed on the same sim card within an hour,  that would eliminate situation like yours. Not sure why it was removed, they should have kept that safety net 

Anyway, glad it is sorted out, enjoy the service and the saving!!

DMCTWL

Yes, unsuccessful on first try. This must be a software glitch. One should not be charged if activation is unsuccessful and an error message shows up. Hope Public Mobile can fix this problem 

@DMCTWL  thanks for the final update.  Glad it is resolved

@softech- Did you read the thread?

^ written before the update

Adding - @DMCTWL : Nice update. We see this on rare occasions. It's a bit of a mystery how it can fail but still take your money and THEN let you re-try using the same sim.

DMCTWL

Thank you and everyone who helped with their input. Yes, the problem was with unsuccessful activation of SIM at the first try. CS_Agent Maria was able to resolve the problem and a credit was made to my account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DMCTWL look like you got activated twice.  Did you recall any error came up during activation and you need to start activation again??  if so, then yes, you activated 2 accounts and need to contact support to get the overcharged refund and close the "phantom" account.

you know how to engage support??

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DMCTWL  See where it says click here on pic is the little spinner thing @dust2dust  means 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1674939878263.png

For most up to date account info

Likely @DMCTWL 

Let us know if customer support is proceeding to reverse the charge after they respond to you. 

This is the referenced refresher otherwise:

HALIMACS_0-1674939897933.png

DMCTWL

Refreshed browser and funds still unavailable. As you suggested, double charge likely due to unsuccessful activation on the first attempt.

Hopefully you've long since started in to contacting support but just this refresh thing...it's not the browser refresh, it's the little spinner refresh icons lower down.

DMCTWL

Refreshing browser still does not show the extra funds.

@DMCTWL 

Perhaps your earlier reply that it isn't on your available funds was missed - just ask customer support to reverse the extra charge as it was related to an activation problem.

Let them know about the issue the first time around and it should be a no-brainer for them to complete this for you.

@DMCTWL 

Refresh your browser by clicking on the circular arrow and in the Payment section it should show as credit.

DMCTWL

I am unsure how the overcharge will apply to the next months bill when my Payment History does not show that these extra funds are available.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DMCTWL 

You have 2 options in your case.

Any overcharge will remain in your account as credit which will apply to your next month’s bill.

If you prefer a refund, you will need to contact a CS_Agent and request for a refund by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

Please note that a refund may take up to 30 days to process…time for your renewal date.

DMCTWL

Yes, on my initial try to activate the SIM card, it gave me an error between steps 3 and 4.

My second try to activate SIM was successful.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DMCTWL 

open ticket with support team to fix it for you as mention by link @HALIMACS 

DMCTWL

Funds are not available for the extra charge.

OK, @DMCTWL ,  then in that case, you'll need the Customer Support Agents to reverse the extra charge.

Did you possibly have an issue upon activation whereby the payment may not appeared to have 'taken' on the first try?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @DMCTWL 

go to your account in front of the mien page do you see that amount at Available Fund,

if see it, then ok keep it for next cycle will be taken from there automatically..

DMCTWL

Both charges are posted and not under pending. In my Payment History, it does not indicate that this extra amount is available.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DMCTWL   Do you see the extra charge (if not pending as you said) in your account?  Then it will be used towards your next payment before any payment card is debited.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DMCTWL 

One is likely a pending charge and will 'drop' off in a few days.

This is normal with such services.

EDIT:  Other thing to check is your Available Balance in the self-serve account - it's possible the 'extra' payment is there and will apply toward your 1st renewal.  (like @dabr  just provided below as I was editing this to 'add')

Need Help? Let's chat.