cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran out of texts, just need 1 more

Ash17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have the plan that has a limit of 50 outgoing texts per cycle. However, I finished all of them. 

Yesterday, I received a text that I need to reply to by saying "Yes" as proof of confirmation for something that I'm trying to do. However, it won't let me send the text.

Is there a way for me to send the SMS text (MMS won't work) without having to wait until my next payment cycle?

6 REPLIES 6

bill_rb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You could try getting a free app such as textnow, free call and messaging if you have wifi.... I have it installed as a backup just in case, I just don't use it that much... They say you have to use it frequently to keep your number. I can send a text every couple weeks and maintain my number

@Ash17 wrote:

Hello,

I have an android. The issue isn't really sending an SMS, I'm able to do that. The issue is that it doesn't go through since I've exceeded my text limit.

@Ash17 , if you are running an android, enable RCS on your texting app.  This will run SMS through WiFi which is independent of the carrier.  There is only one small snag, iOS users will not have RCS functionality until later this years.  Alternately, if you can trigger MMS on the texting app, that should bypass the SMS usage problem.  

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eddieO wrote:

@Ash17 pretty sure the only way around this would be to contact a CS_agent (clicking on orange round circle in the bottom right, then type: Customer Support Agent) and ask them to renew your plan for today

This. They used to help with this. However, be prepared that they might refuse the favour - PM wants people off those low cost plans very badly, so there's a chance that policy might reflect that.

@Ash17  Does the text / verification process need to be from this number? Could it be from a VoIP number like TextNow or Fongo?

Hindsight is 20/20, but when we had these plans, we would always use the MMS trick for pretty much every message to keep some metered SMS for the last week.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ash17 pretty sure the only way around this would be to contact a CS_agent (clicking on orange round circle in the bottom right, then type: Customer Support Agent) and ask them to renew your plan for today

Ash17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an android. The issue isn't really sending an SMS, I'm able to do that. The issue is that it doesn't go through since I've exceeded my text limit.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sms works without mobile data.

but if you are using iPhone, you need to turn off iMessage and use only text

Need Help? Let's chat.