cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data roll over !!

Happycat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I previously had a plan with lots of data every month and hardly used it. I decided to switch my plan to one without data hoping to use up the data from the previous plan. But everything went away! Absolutely awful!! 

13 REPLIES 13

@Happycat   The $23 plan I'm seeing (Ontario) has 6GB of data but is for new customers only so you shouldn't have been able to switch to it.  Quebec has a $20 no data plan but it's for new activations only as well.  Edited to add, that's today of course, when all the plans changed.  

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@slusagm wrote:

did you have any data limit on your phone setup? it could be your phone own's limiter blocking it

and you shouldn't upgrade or change plan if you need 4 more days of data, should have bought data addon

It's hard to make out the op's exact situation, but it sounds like today was their renewal day, and they will still need an active plan with some data until they leave the country at the end of the month.

maurelle

@Happycat wrote:

I had a plan that was around $36 or so,  I just switched to a $23 no data plan today. Because it was the renewal of my older plan today. And I hoped data from that old plan would remain, after I realized it didn’t I tried to upgrade the no data plan to a data plan. But was just charged full amounts for both plans ( the plan with no data for $23 and the full price of a plan with data which I upgraded to.) so waste of time and money, considering I only switched plans cause I’ll be using my phone plan for 4 more days before leaving the country and only needed a little bit of data to get me through. Now wasted $50, and the funny part… data still not working. 

Plan data has always been "use it or lose it".

If you've been around for a while, you might have remembered non-expiring data add-on which did stay in your account until used up. While data add-ons still exist, they now expire 30 days from purchase, which makes them rather cost prohibitive.

Yes, Public Mobile being prepaid, if you change plans immediately, it will charge you the full plan cost. Even if you just bought another plan 5 minutes ago. You can try to contact CSA via chatbot to see if there's anything they can do for you.

For future reference, it's better to choose change plan at renewal so that you are not loosing existing plan data and funds.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

did you have any data limit on your phone setup? it could be your phone own's limiter blocking it

and you shouldn't upgrade or change plan if you need 4 more days of data, should have bought data addon

@Happycat wrote:

I had a plan that was around $36 or so,  I just switched to a $23 no data plan today. 

hi @Happycat 

$23 is Not no data, it has 6GB. The only no data plan ever offered are $15, or $19 or $20

But if you just changed plan after renewal, usually support agent can help.  Please open ticket with them

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Happycat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a plan that was around $36 or so,  I just switched to a $23 no data plan today. Because it was the renewal of my older plan today. And I hoped data from that old plan would remain, after I realized it didn’t I tried to upgrade the no data plan to a data plan. But was just charged full amounts for both plans ( the plan with no data for $23 and the full price of a plan with data which I upgraded to.) so waste of time and money, considering I only switched plans cause I’ll be using my phone plan for 4 more days before leaving the country and only needed a little bit of data to get me through. Now wasted $50, and the funny part… data still not working. 

@maurelle , @Phil_Adelphus correct, when it was first introduced I believe April 26, it was open to all for about 1 week or so..

@maurelle   I had a feeling I remembered that $15 plan with no data being briefly available to all, but it's not clear when the OP switched.  Having said that, the data on any plan doesn't carry over into the next cycle, I'm not sure that it ever did?  So I guess as others have thought, what didn't roll over was the loyalty bonus add on.  Any other data add ons from before they acquired an expiry date should not be lost on a plan change.

maurelle

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Happycat  What plan did you have and what did you switch to?  The only plan I recall that had no data was the newer $15 plan but that was for new activations only so you shouldn't have been able to switch to it.  Can you explain in more detail?

The $15 T&T/no data plan was briefly available to (some?) existing accounts. We downgraded one plan from S29 when the person left for a multi-month trip abroad.

While this was only a couple of months ago, it feels like a lifetime with PM's recent decision to prevent existing clients from downgrading at all.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The way I see it is now is that we have to carefully choose a plan that has enough data and minutes and still to it or you will be penalized somehow at a later date if we decide to change. 

No refunds/credits.

The cheapest plan that most of us can change to is at minimum, 5.00 more than what we currently have.  (Those on the lower plans).

So my downgradeis actually an upgrade  LMAO!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The new plan model is to get a plan with enough data to last the duration.  Don't rely on data add-ons which expire.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Happycat  What plan did you have and what did you switch to?  The only plan I recall that had no data was the newer $15 plan but that was for new activations only so you shouldn't have been able to switch to it.  Can you explain in more detail?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

there is no data roll over with PM

but the one you are talking about should be the loyalty data bonus.  That has a 150 days expiration and there is a clause that you cannot downgrade your plan or you will lose that.  I guess you downgraded and hence it is gone

Need Help? Let's chat.