cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quit the Subsscription // Normally just a month Sim Card

LENA1510
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all, I need urgent help. I bought a monthly pass with Public Mobil. I have clearly stated that I only need it for one month because i am from Germany. But now the subscription continues monthly and I do not even have the sim card.

I was in Canada only for 3 weeks and I was told the card then just stops without canceling after one month. In any case, I continue to be debited monthly.

How can I quit the subscription even if I no longer have the sim card. I can also no longer log in because my email addresses do not seem to work.

15 REPLIES 15

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

OK ... I now understand .......

@γάλα  (@Milk

Wir schätzen zwar Multikulturen und respektieren Menschen, die verschiedene Sprachen sprechen, aber Deutsch ist nicht die offizielle Sprache in Kanada. 

Si necesitamos todo, necesitamos 4169 respuestas para cada publicación, もっとあるかもしれない

Personnellement, je ne garderai que le français et l'anglais car la Communauté n'a que ces deux options

@Milk wrote:

Wenden Sie sich an den öffentlichen Kundendienst für mobile Geräte und erklären Sie Ihre Situation.

Before the oracle decides to delete my response I will point out that there are no restrictions on languages and also he has posted in the past in Spanish.

Others had already posted to contact customer suport agents.  The post was moved not because of a different language, but because it provided no new information. 

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wenden Sie sich an den öffentlichen Kundendienst für mobile Geräte und erklären Sie Ihre Situation.

Before the oracle decides to delete my response I will point out that there are no restrictions on languages and also he has posted in the past in Spanish.

Moved:

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Since last July, all accounts that activated with a credit card are set to automatic renewal. It used to be that you could choose not to at activation. So then afterwards you have to turn it off or change the card.

You could also pause the credit card for the overnight period of the next renewal.

LENA1510

Yes i got it now 🙂 I am in touch with PM so thank you for everyone !

@LENA1510 

Public mobile is essentially like any prepaid service.

The period ends every 30 days and starts up again afterwards ONLY if one registers a payment card on it or loads funds on the account sufficient to cover the next cycle in advance.

Then it will reactivate another plan for another 30 days.

A lot of customers forget to disable the auto payment feature when they decide they no longer need the service – so don’t feel too bad on yourself. 🙂

@LENA1510 wrote:

Normally if it is just a prepaid card for one month it stopps. I thought that is what i received but fail ...

@LENA1510 

PM is like that, too.  

Just that they have enabled Pre-authorized payments by default, which is a good thing for those who are going to keep using the service.  Of course, in your case, it is not, and you need to disable it yourself to stop it from charging you further

LENA1510

I thought so this is incorect but now i am smarter. Normally if it is just a prepaid card for one month it stopps. I thought that is what i received but fail ...

@LENA1510 

then simply message them directly here, provide them as much details as possible

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

LENA1510

THANK YOU so much but here is the next problem. Both of my emails which i could have use are not workable dont know why.  So i have no idea anymore.  If i want to open a ticket i need to do a login in. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LENA1510 - who told you the 'sim' card would stop without canceling after one month?

This is incorrect unless you removed the payment method, or listed the account in lost/stolen status.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LENA1510 wrote:

I have clearly stated that I only need it for one month because i am from Germany. But now the subscription continues monthly and I do not even have the sim card.

...  I was told the card then just stops without canceling after one month. In any case, I continue to be debited monthly.

@LENA1510   the activation portal clearly stated the Pre-authorized payment will be turned on and it will continue charging if nothing is done.    It will only stop charging if you go into My Acount and disable it yourself

Please login My Account, go to Payment page -> Manage Payment Method, and then disable Pre-Authorized payment.  PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

In case you forgot My Account login, first try to use the Reset Password link there on the login page (or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password) enter any possible email addresses you could have used and see if it works

if not, PM support will be your friend then, please open ticket with them

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LENA1510  You can sign into my account and disable auto pay on the payment  tab or contact support to remove credit card info right away 

Getting support / submit ticket

add fixed typo 

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.