cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail and talk

mombianna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two issues:

1.  When someone leaves a voicemail I don’t get notification.  I tried resetting phone.

2.  When I’m on LTE network I cannot receive calls or make calls.  This started happening in November 2022.  I have to switch my phone to 3G for it to work.  I didn’t have to do this before.  

4 REPLIES 4

mombianna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have iPhone 8 and I have done network reset.  Did not help.  I have been a costumer for a few years now.  I did not change my phone recently.  The voicemail notification not showing (red dot) just started happening out of the blue.  I contacted Apple and they said that I have to contact my cell phone provider. I emailed public mobile through the link but I haven’t heard back.  It’s impossible to get in touch with them.  Isn’t there a phone number I can call?  

HI @esjliv  OP said he didn't get badge notification does not come.  This is one trick might help.  Although the issue is largely unresolved for many members here

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow isn't the issue you are describing for #1 when the badge does not go away? Or maybe thinking this is a similar fix for not showing.

1. @mombianna when you said 'resetting phone', did you mean a reset of the device's network settings?

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If still issues, can you try your SIM card into another phone and see if notifications work?

2.How long were you a customer before November 2022 without changing this setting? Have you been using a new phone since November 2022?

Again, if you try your SIM card into another compatible phone does the same thing happen? This could identify a device issue/setting.

Maybe there have been network changes in your area. OR, account changes/issues.

After all troubleshooting and still need to use 3G only, ask CSA to check your account.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@mombianna   

1. the notification thing is a hit of miss.  You can try to disable notification badge first.  Call your voicemail to delete all the messages.  Then shut down the phone for 5 mins.  Power up and turn back on badge notification.  Hope this work

2. what kind of phone is yours  PM uses only 3G for voice.  Your phone will usually switch to 3G from LTE automatically when calls come, but sometimes it does not switch fast enough.  So, leaving in 3G mode is the workaround

But look like PM will enable VoLTE really soon, then you don't have to worry about that

Need Help? Let's chat.