cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec, WHY??? 20GB $29 Canada-US plan out NOW! **Quebec Only Plan**

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

NOTE: The plan is only within Quebec, not any other part of Canada, but plz make it national.

NOTE: It is New Activations Only in Quebec at the moment.

SO competitive, SO COMPETITIVE: 20GB Canada-US for $29/30days! At 4G speeds btw with all of the good calling to the US features.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 3.32.34 PM.png

14 REPLIES 14

Ann13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes that's a cheap plan! 

@RavingRaven wrote:

@will13am 

Yes but they don't do they? Same as anyone can get a Quebec plan with a Quebec phone #. For most people it's not worth the hassle....especially for $2.42.

Simply selecting a Qubec-based number doesn't make it so that a plan offered to those in Quebec can be selected.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@will13am 

Yes but they don't do they? Same as anyone can get a Quebec plan with a Quebec phone #. For most people it's not worth the hassle....especially for $2.42.

There are still a lot of people in this country that have very old phone plans that have a fee called long distance.  Imagine your next door neighbor calling your AB number and incurring a massive phone bill.  You become extremely unpopular very quickly and nobody will call you again.  Back in the day when I still had the 2016 fall promo, I used leveraged my google voice number in a dial around to bypass the province wide calling limitation of the plan.  Call display would show the call coming from Aspen CO.  Sometimes my contacts would see a missed call and just dial back the number.  They did not like the long distance charges the next month.  Play nice and select a location appropriate area code.  

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fixin1 

There are advantages to being in all parts of this country just depends on what's most important to you.😁

fixin1

@RavingRaven - Yes, that is correct, I do live in AB, so yes, QC tax is not cheap for some, so might as well keep my same plan. Was just suprised again after a while of no big plan changes.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@fixin1 

OK great if you want to save $5 and have 30GB less data? You also have to pay 14.75% tax on it. If you have an Alberta phone # the $34/50GB plan is $35.70 with tax. The $29/20GB plan is $33.28 in Quebec. So the extra 30GB costs $2.42 more.....?

Think this is the smartest thing I've heard on these forums in a long time. 🙂 

fixin1

@funpig1 - Freedom has had this plan for a couple months, at least since December.

RavingRaven

@will13am 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is good to see. It will most likely soon become available to existing customers or to other regions.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@fixin1 

OK great if you want to save $5 and have 30GB less data? You also have to pay 14.75% tax on it. If you have an Alberta phone # the $34/50GB plan is $35.70 with tax. The $29/20GB plan is $33.28 in Quebec. So the extra 30GB costs $2.42 more.....?

Imagine if the entire country were to geo arbitrage their cell plans, AB would need several dozen area codes and a ton of provincially sponsored social programs would go unfunded, lol.  Of course this loophole would be shut down in a heartbeat.

@funpig1 wrote:

Freedom Mobile has had this plan for at least a few weeks. I was wondering when PM would match to compete. 

The problem is if it is new activation only, it doesn't help existing customers.

Price barriers fall one at a time.  The next step is this plan will become available for new activations in RoC and then the general customer base.  I am thinking black Friday we will all have access to this plan.  Did you ever think that we can see a $34/50GB CAN-US plan?  I was on the 2016 fall promo for a little over 6 years.  

RavingRaven

@fixin1 

funpig1

Freedom Mobile has had this plan for at least a few weeks. I was wondering when PM would match to compete. 

The problem is if it is new activation only, it doesn't help existing customers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fixin1 , as much as I hate seeing these regional promotions to which I am always shut out of, I do take great comfort in seeing the unfettered market place being the best platform for price discovery.  QC is Quebecor's home turf.  That is where we expect to see the fiercest price wars.  I expect that eventually the deals with trickle down to other parts of the country.  I am patient, I can wait.  

Need Help? Let's chat.