cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased add ons not working

fromage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased an add on for a data top up. It was charged to my credit card, but the data was not applied to my account

12 REPLIES 12

Chriswilliston0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try restarting your phone and or taking sim card out of the phone and put the sim back in that may help or even try turning on airplane mode and off may do something 

@gordana77- It is crazy. It's been like that for as long as I've been here. You should still be able to receive texts though. And were all the features working fine for you? And roughly where are you?

If you wish to test out something while you wait for support, you could use $15 of that $60 to buy the other 2 part bundle. See what happens. When you are with support then just explain that you tried that. Please do let us know if you do and the result.

@gordana77 no worry, support's help is just at your fingertip, open ticket with they and they will help

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

gordana77

Thanks. Sounds like that's the problem. It expired but didn't wait long enough to purchase same add-on. That's crazy though!! I now have $60 in my account and no service!

@gordana77 wrote:

Re-booted phone - still nothing

@gordana77   when you rebuy, did you wait 24 hours or you re-buy right the exact same roaming addon  after the first one expired ?  If you didn't wait 24 hours, it won't work.  It is  a weird procedure for re-buy the exact same one.

So, if you rebuy without the 24 hours wait, you will need support to sort it out for you

gordana77

Re-booted phone - still nothing

@gordana77- There's a long standing problem with re-buying the same add-on. It expires at an exact 360 hours after you bought it (if that's been fixed). Then you need to wait either 12 or 24 hours to re-buy the same one.

A workaround is to buy the different add-on. Like if you bought the 3 part bundle, then at expiry, you can buy the 2 part bundle. But you still have to wait for that day counter to go to 0/15.

What amount do you show in your balance? Has the older add-on dropped off the list yet? (click the little spinner refresh icon below Shop Add-ons)

At this point now though, you need support to straighten it all out.

Adding - the other option is to have asked support to re-buy the add-on. But again, now you need them anyway.

gordana77

Trying to re-buy US add-on - selected the $30 plan for 15 days originally and it worked fine - when I bought the same plan again - no service. T-Mobile is showing as the service provider but msg says you cannot complete call because you do not have a US add-on. !!!??? I paid twice through my CC.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Roaming? Or Canada? If roaming then is this a re-buy?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fromage   login your My Account using Incognito mode (or Private mode on Safari) and you should see the login

In terms or using the data, reboot your phone once

and make sure to disable data limit on your phone if you have enabled it earlier

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try rebooting your phone (turn it off, wait a bit, turn it on)?

To access accurate account status: Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fromage - do you see it after refreshing your account using the refresh button?

esjliv_0-1675256565571.png

If not, then check your payment history to see if it is listed there.

Need Help? Let's chat.