cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a new phone

Duncanbc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an existing plan with Public Mobile.  I bought a new phone and want to take my old phone off and put my new phone on.  Can I keep my same account and plan or do I have to purchase a new plan and start over?

8 REPLIES 8

Gaullus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on my 3rd phone, with the same SIM card, pop it out and, presuming it the same type of SIM card, pop it in the new phone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Duncanbc 

So easy.   Just remove the SIM card and (using adapters to add, or remove to fit the new phone's SIM slot) reinsert the SIM card into the new phone's SIM tray.

If the new device has a larger SIM size, you may want to pop into a mobile kiosk and they'll likely have a drawer full of SIM adapters for you.

Spudster_0-1648340782967.png

Spudster_1-1648340796914.jpeg

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Only issue you may run into is if the sim card needed is different than your last phone.. There are varying sizes and it only would be issue if you needed to go from a smaller to a bigger one as you would have popped out the smallest sum from the 3 in 1 which are common... But that is going to be highly unlikely. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Duncanbc 

Just take the SIM out of your old phone and put it in your new one. If you had no issues with your old phone you will want to do a data transfer. Depending on your model of phone you may have to edit your APN yourself or update your carrier profile. Enjoy your new phone. Care to share what you got?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Duncanbc 

All your account information is linked in your SIM card. As noted by others, just remove the SIM and put it into your new phone.

Bingo…everything should work unless the phone is locked.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Duncanbc no change to your account and phone number, just take the SIM out from your old phone and put it in the new one and should work.  

Is it a Canadian or North American model phone?  Is so, it should work well.  If it any issue, come back and we can assist further 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You just remove the SIM card from your old phone and insert it into your new phone. No other changes are necessary. You can keep your existing plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.