cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PublicMobile data promo coming soon? LuckyMobile is offering 5GB monthly bonus data now!

Gandalf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is tempting! LuckyMobile is currently giving away 5GB monthly bonus data for plans starting @ $35, even for current customers upgrading plans.

Is there any such thing with PM in the past, or will be in the near future?

17 REPLIES 17

Gandalf

Quite possible, as it happened mid-day! 

I just saw Fido is offering bring-your-device 8GB for $40. Therefore I can’t help but thinking that PM is nowhere competitive with the market!

@Gandalf wrote:

Looks like they just pulled it. Five hours ago I have this: 

@Gandalf  So, it could be just a glitch ? LoL

or maybe RFD effect? there were too many activation and upgrade and they have to pull the promotion off? LoL

Gandalf

Looks like they just pulled it. Five hours ago I have this: 

Gandalf_0-1658367149443.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Where is the link?  I cannot find it..

I only see 3GB bonus promo.. not 5.

Gandalf

They advertised it as a permanent monthly bonus, not an addon. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is it a permanent add on as long as you are an active Lucky customer with that plan? Or is it like the PM 6 or 12 months limited time thing

Gandalf

So PM never really values their existing customers, which is much like Bell Canada, never ever. But LM beyonds to Bell … so what happens Telus, want PM like Bell?

@Meow wrote:

For existing customers? From PM? I really doubt as up to now it never happened.

It has happened before, but only once since the introduction of the Self Serve promo code field. There was a $60 10.5GB plan but with a promo code, a permanent 2GB bonus was added.  That previous offer was available to both new and existing Public Mobile customers.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

For existing customers? From PM? I really doubt as up to now it never happened.

Gandalf

Yes I'm also aware of those promos, but usually is a one shot deal and happen during the Holidays Season. As for monthly bonus data, PM offers only to new customers, which is a pity ... 

funto

In the past, Public Mobile has had similar promotions, even for existing clients (although not to that great of an extent with 5gb).

For example, over Christmas they had a holiday promotion where people received an extra 1gb of data I believe, or extra international talking minutes (something like that). I've also received a 2gb data bonus in that past as well. I'm not sure when they schedule these promotions to occur, I just know that they have happened before. Cheers! 

Gandalf

This is what is shown on the LM website when I try to upgrade my plan, even with unlimited data after 7.5GB, at reduced speed.

Gandalf_0-1658349115616.png

Gandalf

Yes. I do have an account there too and go through "Change Plan" and the monthly bonus data is the same.

This experience had never happened before to existing PM customers, as I recall ...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Gandalf  probably J_PM announcement tomorrow?

(even for existing  customers???)

Gandalf

It is actually NOT a 1-time deal, as it is stated in their plans without (*)

$35 Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling Plan - 7.5GB or 8GB that includes 5GB of bonus data at 3G speeds when you register for Automatic Top-Up

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gandalf who knows my chrystal ball is all fogged up I can't see a thing lol sounds like a good deal but it would imagine it's a one time only 5gig bonus

malikd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dang that sounds awesome ill have to check it out 😎

Need Help? Let's chat.