cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile while in Mexico

pnelega
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello out there everyone and anyone....

Can I use Roam function (with an additional fee) to be able to use my phone while vacationing in Mexico?

Thank you

Peter

14 REPLIES 14

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

No, it is best you purchase a local SIM…it is cheaper.

It is cheaper than what? There is NO PM service in Mexico no matter how much money you are willing to pay 😋

Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple other forums I read have a kind of live update thing. As you're typing a reply, another post shows up. Or indication of a post.

In this case, I wouldn't've replied had I seen others with the same answer. So that's why I was a little miffed. Briefly. But hey...we even have Oracles with repeat answers.

Edit: Ok this mixing of replies is getting hard on my brain. I thought I was posting after dabr.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS , @dabr : Obviously two others got in in the moments I took to click in to the reply box and type the 2 letters and Reply. Seems one was the same "minute". Oh well. Interesting that others are kinda seeing something.

@HALIMACS    Actually, it's almost weird as sometimes even though there's been no other response and by the time I've posted my very brief response, there's almost always the copy/paste long post ahead of me.  Maybe my internet needs a refresh... 😉

I've noticed this too, @dabr  & @Anonymous 

This new Community has real lag issues.

@Anonymous wrote:

No.

Edit: why didn't I see these when I got in the thread? Oh well.

Yep...ditto

e....@pnelega wrote:

Can I use Roam function (with an additional fee) to be able to use my phone while vacationing in Mexico?

Roaming service is only avaialble in the United States. The Public Mobile service won't allow for roaming anywhere esle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

No, it is best you purchase a local SIM…it is cheaper.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pnelega    Sorry, PM doesn't offer roaming for anywhere except for the 10 day packages if you're in the US.  You'll be better off with a local SIM in Mexico or use WIFI apps like Whatsapp, Skype or download Textnow.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pnelega  No sorry. PM only offers USA add-ons. Download the app called TEXTNOW. You get a Canadian number in your area and can make Canada /USA calls for FREE over Wi-Fi anywhere you are in the world as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection. Also you can text, and it has called I'd and even voicemail if you're not online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pnelega 

public mobile offer service only in Canada and U.S. Roaming 10 day packages.

anywhere has a Wi-Fi Free,

and use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from that app,

• Unlimited Call \ SMS \ MMS a Free USA/Canada.

Here link for app Talkatone.

Here link for app Text Me.

enjoy your trip..

don't forget to review Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

No.

Edit: why didn't I see these when I got in the thread? Oh well.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@pnelega 

No, PM doesn't have roaming for Mexico, only the USA.

You'll have to get a local sim card.

You can also use a VoIP phone service like Fongo or Text Now.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@pnelega, unfortunately, you are not able to Roam while in Mexico.  PM only has roaming add-ons while visiting the US

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.